Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 10:44 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm

Hi there I知 new to this forum so sorry if this topic has already been discussed but I just bought my first disco 2 04 plate commercial.

The issue I知 having is when I lock the car with the key fob (as neither key will turn in the door lock) after about 10mins the alarm will sound when I unlock the car it goes off but obviously I can稚 leave the car unlocked overnight. New battery fitted last weekend as old one was flat when I bought the car, have no clue what to do any help would b appreciated.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:37 PM
Winching
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

You may have two separate issues. I'm not sure why the alarm is going off after 10 minutes.

It may be easier to troubleshoot the alarm system if the physical door lock issue is solved first.

The physical key not working may be a broken "Door Lock Pin" Item # LRD2-DOORPIN from Atlantic British. It is a rod that connects the outside door handle to the door actuator/latch that is inside of the door. This is a known issue with the D2. The replacement part that Atlantic British sells is stronger than the original part. There are threads and YouTube videos on how to do this repair.

Once that is done you will be able to lock the door with the key. When locking with the key it does not turn on the sensors for entry through a broken window or the sunroof. If the alarm does not go off when locking your doors with the physical key then you know one of the sensors is bad. If it still goes off then its could be one of the actuators in the doors or tailgate or the sensor for the hood is shut.