Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm remote start

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: alarm remote start

Ya, I usually trip over something while staring at the Victoria's Secret window in the mall. Last time it was my oldest son I tripped on, she wasn't upset untill I high-fived him! He was staring too and had stopped walking infront of me, tears of pride rolled down my face. Thank goodness I wasn't chewing gum, would'a choked to death right there.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

ORIGINAL: NW_rockhound

...staring at the Victoria's Secret window in the mall...chewing gum...chokedit todeath
hehehe

Old 01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that exact alarm/remote system in my Disco II 2000, no issues. The issue will be if your Disco has a transponder key. If it does you need an extra key programmed to the disco. If it does, I will respond to this thread further.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Mudding

am not sure if my key has is programmed with a transponder. we work at best buy doing installaions on cars so we pretty much mess around with every type of car but none of use have ever done an alarm on a landrover none the less a remote start plus i want to take it one step further and control the windows to go up or down with the remote. the alarm should be here by th 21 of this month, ordered it thru best buy accomidations got it for $98, retailin store$499. so i should be starting the alarm by the 24th of this month

Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: lrd2

hey i am trying to find out who can install my alarm in my truck the guys that i work with say its to complicated and that its a lot of work involved and that they dont want to mess with it bcuz its a land rover. know my question would be have any of you installed an alarm plus remote start and have you had any complications. i got a viper 5701 on a 2002 d2
You already have probably one of the best alarms on the market as stock in your truck, why mess with it?
As for the remote start, why???

Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Mudding

miami is so hot some days that you need the remote start just to cool off the car. i have it on both the bmw and the honda and they were both easy to do

Old 01-13-2009, 11:45 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike,
Every time someone posts something about remote start on a LR you feel it necessary to make it known your dislike of remote start systems. In the past you have said how bad idling is on our engines but you have never explained why it is so much harder on these engines than others. I would love to hear your reasoning. The first thing I posted when I joined this forum was a question about a remote start and I am still considering it when I have the money unless someone can give me a solid reason not to. Saying it's bad on the engine with no supporting reasons is not good enough.

I'm not trying to start an argument but I would really like to know why idling is so much worse on our engines than others. It seems to me that if the engine is being lubricated, cooled and fed proper amounts of fuel then it shouldn't matter.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:54 PM

Why would you have a expense car, and take it to the cheapest place with the people with the least amount of experience with your car...this makes no sense.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Mudding

I have not owned a LR for a long time, but I can not see ANY reason a remote start is a bad idea. And, the stock alarm is hardly one of the best you can have. It may be one of the best OEM, but will not hold a candle to even a moderate aftermarket remote start / alarm two way kits.

As far as taking an expensive car to a cheap installer, I agree. But, a LR Disco is hardly an expensive car. Used 03's and 04's with low miles for under 10k hardly qualifies as expensive.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Northern Land Rover

Why would you have a expense car, and take it to the cheapest place with the people with the least amount of experience with your car...this makes no sense.
what makes best buy the cheapest place? and the how do you judge there experience?
because i work there and were not the chepest place in town but we are one of the best other then unique autosports with is now in miami

Quick Reply: alarm remote start