Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amigo says No Faults??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amigo says No Faults??

I have the 3 amigos keep coming back on when I clear them with my ABS Amigo, check the codes and it says no fault codes detected??? Well I checked ABS/TC tonight and they aren't working?? Any suggestions? Modulator maybe?

Just spoke to Storey at RSW and he said mine was 1 of 15 Amigos that shipped without 1 fault code, shuttle valve, going to send back to him to update.

Last edited by brooksa; 09-11-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Overlanding

Yeah, I'd like to hear some ideas too. Mine won't show code either, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. No one seems to have a definitive answer on the amigos except it's either the hubs, shuttle valve, abs modulator or I'm seeing things. More than likely, because I know Murphy, it's always the most expensive thing on the list... and you know that modulator costs a bajillion dollars, right?!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Rock Crawling

lol...Oh I'm well aware of how much that thing costs! Just driving me crazy trying to figure out what it is! Before I got my ABS Amigo I had the codes read and cleared and it was kicking a right front sensor and shuttle valve code, but then went away for months and didn't surface until recently. Can't figure it out, ugh!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Are you checking for codes when the 3 guys are on or just any old time?
The lights must be on to read faults.
If being checked with the lights on, then send us a print out of what your scanner is showing.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Rock Crawling

The lights are on when I checked,everytime ,even last night they were on and stayed on even after several start ups and ABS/TC was not working but then this morning no lights. I will send print out,

thanks

Old 09-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Rock Crawling

Here is the reading from Amigo;

Attached Files
File Type: txt
AMIGOBOX.TXT (5.0 KB, 159 views)
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

This is weird, if you have 3 Amigos on then your scanner should read them. Have you called/e-mailed Storey to ask him what to do, I would.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
This is weird, if you have 3 Amigos on then your scanner should read them. Have you called/e-mailed Storey to ask him what to do, I would.
Mike, yes I did email Storey and he said mine must have been in the first shipment that the shuttle valve code was left out, so I mailed it back to him for him to update. On the way home the amigos came on but at home I turned it off, started it back up and they off, so I tried to see if ABS/TC was working, going down my driveway the HD was working but then the lights came on and the HD stopped working??? Beats me, I guess the modulator?

Old 09-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Overlanding

hey Brooksa - I just want to clarify... you said that your ABS/TC wont' work?

The Landy is my wife's car, and when the trio came on, I was worried that the ABS wouldn't work. I took the car out and panic stopped several times and each time the ABS activated with the Amigos lit up (and that damned chime)! I have done this several times just for peace of mind and ABS is in good working order.

I also checked the downhill assist in Low gear, and that function will not work with lights on. Works when lights are off.

Maybe I'm getting lulled into a false sense of secruity?

Old 09-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by RoverChum
hey Brooksa - I just want to clarify... you said that your ABS/TC wont' work?

The Landy is my wife's car, and when the trio came on, I was worried that the ABS wouldn't work. I took the car out and panic stopped several times and each time the ABS activated with the Amigos lit up (and that damned chime)! I have done this several times just for peace of mind and ABS is in good working order.

I also checked the downhill assist in Low gear, and that function will not work with lights on. Works when lights are off.

Maybe I'm getting lulled into a false sense of secruity?
I got nothing when lights are on, checked HD, TC, and ABS and if lights are on nothing works. If they are off I'm golden but those freakin lights will come on just sitting still?? ugh driving me crazy, maybe when I get my Amigo back it will give a fault that I can take care of.

Quick Reply: Amigo says No Faults??