Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amigos can to say hola briefly

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Amigos can to say hola briefly

Turned on the truck last night and the Amigos were there. Restarted the truck and they were gone. Had 4 trips after and didn't come back. It was cold last night, so I'm thinking maybe something to do with that? I put new front pads and bleed the brakes a couple weeks back, but drove it a tin since then.
My question is, if I had them scanned with the amigo scanner, are they stored in memory? Also, should it come on when I'm driving, it pretty much means I have no abs or traction control, right? For the 4wd, does it greatly impact performance? I ask as there looks to be a bit of snow and sleet in the forecast for the coming week, and this is my ski truck.
Thanks!

Old 12-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is not happening because of the cold. I would suggest that you get it read with a abs computer and get whatever is wrong fixed there are about 18 different things so guessing is not a cheap decision and yes when the lights are lit up you will probably not have them. Not having the abs and tc could make winter driving dangerous.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by lr2001silver
This is not happening because of the cold. I would suggest that you get it read with a abs computer and get whatever is wrong fixed there are about 18 different things so guessing is not a cheap decision and yes when the lights are lit up you will probably not have them. Not having the abs and tc could make winter driving dangerous.
So those codes are stored then and don't go away? I only said the cold as the truck gets grumpy in the cold. Turn signals take a while to activate, power steering whines a bit and the trans doesn't like to shift into overdrive. Those all get better after a few minutes when she is up to temp.
I have a friend who should have a scanner, but likely not going to get down by him until after the holidays. I can deal and actually prefer to have no abs or tc for the snow...as long as the 4wd works! Hope the lights don't come back but would rather be proactive.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

The codes are not stored, you can only read any code, including the 3 amigos when the lights are actually on.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle

That is what I thought Mike, thanks. So I guess just carry on until when/if they choose to show back up? If there is anything you could think of to check out (connections, etc) which could have caused them to show up the once? Only thing touched in the system was back pads 2 months ago and front pads 2 weeks ago.
Thanks!

Old 12-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had intermittent 3 Amigos but after I got a new battery the problem went away and never came back? Maybe a failing battery allows voltage to drop too low when braking?