Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Answer To Our MPG Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The Answer To Our MPG Issue

I was flipping through an old FourWheeler Issue and came across this:
http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/pro...uto/index.html

What do you think?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: The Answer To Our MPG Issue

I have been seeing more and more of their advertisements, no experience with them.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle

They "tested" it in the magazine and claimed a 1.2 gain in mpg for a diesel Jeep Liberty. I like the idea that it allows you to use a lower octane gas. If I had the money, I would try it just for kicks.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When I was in high school (circa 1992) my dad partnered into a company that made something called the ecolizer. I sounds like asimilar product. He sold out and they are still selling in town. I put one on my 71 Grand Prix. I had a 455 with HO trans am heads. I gained about 1MPG with it on. Trust me, in that car, at 17 you notice fuel mileage.( some things never change)

Anyways, I noticed that it worked. I still had a few in storage, and I did put one on the LR when I first got it. I didn't check before mileage, but when I have done long trips, I get up to 20 MPG. My mileage seems to be a little better than most, but I can't attribute it to the add on. I can say that it worked back in the day. Don't know what they cost now, or if it would be worth it....

Old 01-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's a gimic and a gain of 1-2 MPG wouldn't gain you enough to offset the cost of the widget or the time involved to install and maintain it.

The 'short term' answer is to allow the diesel engine that the rest of the world gets to enjoyinto the American market!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

There isn't enough data on their website to say one way or the other. Personally, I have other things to spend money on, and there ain't enough to cover all of it! [8D]

Old 01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I sent them a message and here is what I got back.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. The correct application for your Land Rover is Fitch model # F36G24 and the cost is $177.45. If you would like to order, simply click on the link below:
http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/cfm...&list=&drill=0

Or you may contact us via our toll free number. You may also order through Summit Racing or Stylin Trucks.

Summit Racing: 800-230-3030
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...01348&D=401348

Stylin Trucks: 800-784-7413
http://www.stylintrucks.com/sn.aspx?...+Fuel+Catalyst

Here is why every vehicle should have a Fitch Fuel Catalyst installed.

The Fitch Fuel Catalyst is a metal alloy that causes a reaction with hydrocarbon fuels such as gas, diesel, oil, kerosene, etc. This reaction is very similar to the refining process but at a refinery they use heat and pressure to "crack" octane or refine the fuel where we use our metal alloy catalyst to create a similar environment but we do it on board a machine at a low temperature. As fuel passes over the catalyst, it transforms gasoline or diesel into a superior quality of fuel allowing a combustion engine to extract the maximum amount of energy with minimal emissions. Warranted for 250,000 miles, the FFC is a permanent treatment that does not lose its potency and never dissolves or deteriorates which is why it differs from additives that require replenishing.

Keep in mind, the Fitch Fuel Catalyst simply treats fuel, not a make, model or year vehicle. All engines will benefit from the use of the Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

An engine operates most efficiently and produces maximum horsepower and torque when it is running on the highest quality fuel. Gasoline and diesel is at its most optimal quality when it is first refined but unfortunately during storage and transportation, the fuel quality drastically diminishes. Sacrificed horsepower/torque and efficiency of an engine may be the result of this poorer fuel quality. A less than optimal fuel will also produce more emissions, soot build up, and deposits in engine oil and injectors. The Fitch Permanent Fuel Treatment will boost octane in gasoline, increase cetane in diesel and re-refine the fuel quality, returning it to a superior “refinery” fresh state guaranteeing maximum performance and efficiency from the engine. Remember, Fitch is NOT an additive – it is long term fuel treatment offering a number of benefits:

• Increased Fuel Economy (averages 1 – 2.5 mpg)
• Improved Horsepower & Torque
• Improved Octane in Gasoline
• Improved Cetane & Lubricity in Diesel Fuel
• Reduced Emissions & Soot Build Up
• Extended Engine Longevity
• Reduced Overall Engine Maintenance

I have included the installation instructions along with a couple magazine editorials/testimonials written about the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. This is a terrific product and you will be happily surprised with the results. Please let me know if you have any questions or need further information. Take care and have great day.

Robert Andrighetti
Customer service/Tech Support
Advanced Power Systems Int'l
Toll free 888-881-2774
Direct 860-496-7776
Fax 860-496-7626
www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 11:22 AM
To: Rob Andrighetti
Subject: Finder: More Info

--------------------
[01_WHATKNOW]
Automotive,Land Rover
--------------------
[13_COMMENTS]
99 Disco 2, 24 gallon tank and a 4.0 engine

=====================
Browser Info
=====================
Real From: 24.9.186.67
Real Addr: 24.9.186.67
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
Refer:

Old 01-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: NWDiscoRover2004

I think it's a gimic and a gain of 1-2 MPG wouldn't gain you enough to offset the cost of the widget or the time involved to install and maintain it.
I agree 1-2 mpg isn't much, but factor in the fact that you may not have to use premium gas (okay, that's really hard to believe),it would make it worth it. Installation looks very easy and it doesn't look like there is any maintenance involved.

Thanks Mike! I'll have to readabout itwhen I get the time.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It uses a blend of metal alloys, and as the fuel passes over, it aligns the hydrocarbons to burn better. Kinda like a vornado thingy does in the intake. Not the same thing, but similar concept. I am taking Chemistry 2 right now, I'll se if I can make a lab project out of it...(with school funding)

If anyone tries it, let us know....

Old 01-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you guys kidding?

I have some ocean front property in Wisconsin for sale.

Quick Reply: The Answer To Our MPG Issue