Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any front offroad bumpers with built in fogs???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 AM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any front offroad bumpers with built in fogs???

I like driving with the fogs on and am going to change the bumper out but I'd like one with fogs built in. Aftermarket lights like hella etc are way too bright to leave on all the time. I'll probably have to do without but I figured if there was such a thing that someone on here would know.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 03-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Do worry about fog lights, just add some brighter head light and enjoy the difference, way better then head lights and fogs.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KBW
I like driving with the fogs on and am going to change the bumper out but I'd like one with fogs built in. Aftermarket lights like hella etc are way too bright to leave on all the time. I'll probably have to do without but I figured if there was such a thing that someone on here would know.
You can do the ARB bumper, which is very pretty, but also $$$ and I've read that it's a bit of a plow. This looks to be a decent bumper, and it's significantly less $$$ than the ARB. Plus, even though it's not pictured, it does appear to be available in such a design that you can put your OEM fog lamps back in. Like you, I like to drive with my factory fog-lamps on all the time and use them as daytime running lamps since the truck doesn't have anything of that nature.

http://www.bottorf-fabrication.com/bumpers.php

Let us know what you wind up getting. I've been told to look at the RTE (rovertym.com) or SafariGard (safarigard.com) bumpers, but I don't really like the thin-look all that much. The ARB is more aesthetically pleasing, but I can see where it'd have a tendency to plow if your angle of approach or departure is less than ideal. The Bottorf bumper may be the happy medium, I just don't know yet!

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Old 03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That ARB bumper is just sooooooooooooo sexy!!!!!!!!!

I like to drive with my factory fog-lamps on all the time and use them as daytime running lamps since the truck doesn't have anything of that nature.
The D2 can be configured to have Day running lights (I thought all NAS vehicles were) , its a simple on / off selection in the BCU (Body control module)

Last edited by Urban Panzer; 03-23-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took off that plastic crap of a bumper and look what I found...even kept the foglights! haha, no Iam just saving up for a bumper myself

Attached Thumbnails Any front offroad bumpers with built in fogs???-bumper.jpg  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i been supposed to get a round to building a bumper, just been too busy with everything else goin on to even start on it..

Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Winching

Here's the bottorf bumper with the fog-lights for an 03/04 D2. He didn't have any pics on the site so I had him email me some since I'm considering one of their bumpers as well.

Attached Thumbnails Any front offroad bumpers with built in fogs???-jbumper-001.jpg   Any front offroad bumpers with built in fogs???-jbumper-002.jpg   Any front offroad bumpers with built in fogs???-jbumper-003.jpg   Any front offroad bumpers with built in fogs???-jbumper-004.jpg  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TJM makes a bumper, says you can get it on expeditionextchange.com i have never ordered anything from them though

Old 03-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Winching

That's a good-looking bumper, but I couldn't find it on expeditionexchange.com and a couple of places I looked indicated that TJM is no-longer transacting business in the States...

Quick Reply: Any front offroad bumpers with built in fogs???