Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody ever take apart a D2 Power Seat Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anybody ever take apart a D2 Power Seat Switch?

My D2 keeps blowing the drivers side deflate lumbar support fuse. Otherwise all the power functions work normally. I switched the passenger seat switch to the drivers side and the power lumbar deflate worked normally without blowing the fuse.....

So I decided to take the switch apart and clean it, which I did, but I'm a little confused on how it goes back together.

As you can see in the picture (sort of) there are 10 pins that insert into little springs in the switch. The confusing part is, there are 10 pins, but there're are 20 springs. The even more confusing part is, there are 5 long pins and 5 short pins.

So my question is, of the 20 springs, which of the 10 pins go where, and why are there 5 long pins and 5 short pins?

Thanks Guys!

Attached Thumbnails Anybody ever take apart a D2 Power Seat Switch?-image.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok I answered my own question. Figured out how everything goes by accident, one of the pins fell right into place, and that was all it took....see pic for proper placement of pins.

End result is my lumbar still will not deflate with the drivers switch, but will with the passenger switch.

However, the drivers lumbar deflate switch no longer blows the fuse since I cleaned everything up. Not sure what that means exactly, I probably will just buy a used switch but at least I learned something.....

Attached Thumbnails Anybody ever take apart a D2 Power Seat Switch?-image.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
back9sunday (01-26-2018)