Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB bumper 99 to 02 versus 03 to 04

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I couldn't find it. Does this bumper protect the washer fluid tank or does it need to be relocated?

Old 02-06-2015, 08:20 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by OilPatch
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I couldn't find it. Does this bumper protect the washer fluid tank or does it need to be relocated?
It is fully protected and can't be seen. No need to relocate.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Three Wheeling

Finally installed this and I gotta say it was a bigger beat down than I expected. I still haven't put the liners back in for the wheel wells. And I havent wired up the new lights, since I wasn't sure where to tap into.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  456.1 KB

Last edited by OilPatch; 03-22-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I remember correct the positive for the fogs is either a blue wire or has a blue stripe. The negative is solid black.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:18 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Madlands
If I remember correct the positive for the fogs is either a blue wire or has a blue stripe. The negative is solid black.
Oh so you tap them into the fogs? I assumed they had to be tapped into the blinkers.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:40 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by OilPatch
Oh so you tap them into the fogs? I assumed they had to be tapped into the blinkers.
Since I have a 2000 Disco my lights are slightly different, but the basic principle is the same; you use the wires from the turn signal and a small light that partially illuminates the headlight reflector when the parking lots are on. Open the hood and look for a screw at the top of the turn signal. Once that is out, mine just pulled out. Turn on your parking lights and the other light will be obvious. Then splice into those two sets of wires.

There is not alot of extra wire on the truck end.

Best,

Charlie V

Last edited by Charlie_V; 03-23-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry about that I had a few drinks in me last night when I commented. I thought you were talking about the fogs. Forgot you reuse the stock fog lights for the ARB. As for the blinkers I can't help there bc I never wired mine up on my ARB.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just put mine on this weekend as well, definitely took a lot longer than I had expected. Drilling the frame holes was a pain as CharlieV mentioned. Still haven't decided whether to wire up the turn signals or not, if they are going to cause the trailer harness indicator to come on I may just skip it.

I was also curious if some of the people who pulled their ARB bumpers out of place while winching had skipped over drilling the extra mounting holes in the frame. It seems like it would be pretty solid for most situations.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm debating on throwing some small LED light bars behind there. I really dont want to splice into my exhisting wiring for redundant lights.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Kenso
Just put mine on this weekend as well, definitely took a lot longer than I had expected. Drilling the frame holes was a pain as CharlieV mentioned. Still haven't decided whether to wire up the turn signals or not, if they are going to cause the trailer harness indicator to come on I may just skip it.

I was also curious if some of the people who pulled their ARB bumpers out of place while winching had skipped over drilling the extra mounting holes in the frame. It seems like it would be pretty solid for most situations.
There is a FAQ on ARB regarding the bumpers moving. Basically, they say that the frame horns determine whether the bumper moves. I think the bumper is very sturdy and I have already jacked up my truck from the bumper with zero movement of the bumper relative to the truck.

The turn signal and parking light look good on when they are wired and in place. I encourage you to hook them up. Connecting them doesn't take long.

Quick Reply: ARB bumper 99 to 02 versus 03 to 04