Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux Light Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Aru
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Light Switch?

So I'm getting a light bar in later this week and I started looking around at the buttons to see where a good location would be to mount a switch and I found these switches that were wired up but had no toggle switches over them. I'm guessing that the ones by the hazard lights are for something that my Disco didnt come with, but the car came pre-wired for... I guess what I'm hoping is that one of these pre-wired unused switch spots is for auxiliary lighting if not, I've found several spots for a light switch

Attached Thumbnails Aux Light Switch?-image-2.jpg   Aux Light Switch?-image-1.jpg   Aux Light Switch?-image-3.jpg   Aux Light Switch?-image-4.jpg   Aux Light Switch?-image.jpg  

Old 06-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

Most people use a cruise control switch and change the front plate to a fog switch plate.

I have some switches if you need them.

Also you can use a D1 switch plate and place it in the spot the change drawer or ashtray go. I have a set as well.

No matter where you get the switches, make sure you get the pigtails.

PM if you need them.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Aru
So I'm getting a light bar in later this week and I started looking around at the buttons to see where a good location would be to mount a switch and I found these switches that were wired up but had no toggle switches over them. I'm guessing that the ones by the hazard lights are for something that my Disco didnt come with, but the car came pre-wired for... I guess what I'm hoping is that one of these pre-wired unused switch spots is for auxiliary lighting if not, I've found several spots for a light switch

The blank facia switch with the Green connector is for a heated front screen.

The wiring for this goes to the BCU, which switches and times the heated front screen relay - so, you can't use for spotlights, unless you modifiy the wiring.

See my post on this thread (ignore the 'pissing contest' Name:  piss2.gif
Views: 1246
Size:  17.2 KB ) -

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-lights-67159/

Your other unused switch on the binnacle, is for the factory PDC system.

The wiring behind the switch, runs to the LH rear of the vehicle, to behind the load compartment trim, where the PDC ECU would be mounted.

This wiring can't be used directly for an accessory - but, like most things, can be modified to work with a suitable switch, for something like a rear worklight.

You may also be interested in my post in this thread -

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...ections-67583/

But, the spotlights switch part number that I've given in that thread, is for a pre-facelift D2, and is in Ash Grey.

Facelift D2s use Black switches.

For the facelift vehicles, there are two spotlights switches -

VVN500060 - VVN500060 | SWITCH ASSY DRIVING LAMPS RHD DISCO2 | Land Rover | | Britcar (UK) Ltd

Which goes on the LH side of the binnacle -

And VVN500070 - VVN500070 | SWITCH ASSY DRIVING LAMPS LHD DISCO11 | Land Rover | | Britcar (UK) Ltd

Which goes on the RH side of the binnacle -

Both of the above switches will need to be modified, as for the pre-facelift switch, if you want to use them without Land Rover's wiring kit ECU.

Last edited by PaulMc; 06-22-2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Still don't know my left from my right :-(