Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B pillar black tape?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default B pillar black tape?

Tl;dr: The B pillar got damaged on the outside from trying to break into the car. Where do I find the black tape stuff that goes over the frame?

Story time: I got locked out of my Disco at a gas station a week ago after leaving the key in the ignition and going inside while it filled up. I'm fairly sure that I depressed the lock button on the fob by accident and it got stuck in the down position, thus locking the doors after I left the vehicle. It was a fluke situation/I'm a moron.

I was about an hour away from home at the time, so I called a locksmith. The guy they dispatched was incompetent and couldn't get in despite prying back the driver's door toward the top and fishing around with a stiff metal thing, trying to unlatch it from inside. Long story short, I ended up getting a ride back home to pick up my extra key and coming back to unlock it.

At that point, about five hours in, I was just happy to get out of there. So I didn't notice that the "locksmith" had chewed up the B pillar cover pretty badly toward the top by prying against it. Inspecting it today, it seems it's just a tape that goes over the pillar, not an actual piece of plastic. Does anyone know where I can get this tape? Are there other ways to fix it? I'm getting zero results Googling this.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by batard
Tl;dr: The B pillar got damaged on the outside from trying to break into the car. Where do I find the black tape stuff that goes over the frame?

Story time: I got locked out of my Disco at a gas station a week ago after leaving the key in the ignition and going inside while it filled up. I'm fairly sure that I depressed the lock button on the fob by accident and it got stuck in the down position, thus locking the doors after I left the vehicle. It was a fluke situation/I'm a moron.

I was about an hour away from home at the time, so I called a locksmith. The guy they dispatched was incompetent and couldn't get in despite prying back the driver's door toward the top and fishing around with a stiff metal thing, trying to unlatch it from inside. Long story short, I ended up getting a ride back home to pick up my extra key and coming back to unlock it.

At that point, about five hours in, I was just happy to get out of there. So I didn't notice that the "locksmith" had chewed up the B pillar cover pretty badly toward the top by prying against it. Inspecting it today, it seems it's just a tape that goes over the pillar, not an actual piece of plastic. Does anyone know where I can get this tape? Are there other ways to fix it? I'm getting zero results Googling this.
the only thing I have found was for the "d" pillar but here is the link Discovery 2 A and D Post Finishers at www.rimmerbros.co.uk