Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in a D2

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017 | 06:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Hey how did you access the blower? I think I might need to do the same thing.

Old 01-22-2017 | 06:52 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by longtallsally
Hey how did you access the blower? I think I might need to do the same thing.
Super easy to get it out.

1. Take the lower cover off that is by the passenger foot area, one screw in pin in the center rear and 2 push in pins at the front by the lower edge of the glove box lid.
2. Remove 1 philips head screw holding on the wire harness to the blower motor body and unplug harness from motor.
3. Remove 3 torx head screws holding blower motor in housing then carefully pull blower motor out of housing.
4. Clean squirrel cage and reinstall.

There is a DIY out there that also shows how to remove the squirrel cage from the motor and give the motor a deeper cleaning, but I didn't want to chance breaking the plastic squirrel cage so I just cleaned the leaves out and used my blower nozzle to blow out the motor the best I could and then just put everything back.

The following users liked this post:
longtallsally (01-22-2017)
Old 01-23-2017 | 09:09 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Looks like a clean rig...What's the build date? If early 01' like pre June, it will have the CDL nipple on the transfer case.

Old 01-23-2017 | 08:49 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
Looks like a clean rig...What's the build date? If early 01' like pre June, it will have the CDL nipple on the transfer case.
My D2 is a 2000 model year vehicle so it has the CDL nipple. Finding a D2 I can add the CDL to was a requirement when looking for one. Just for some reason it sat around for almost 2 years before being registered for the first time in December 2001. While verifying I had fixed the coolant leak when I was under the engine area I found the front drive shaft had either been rebuilt or replaced because it has greaseable fittings on it.

Todays upgrades and maintenance, new radiator cap, brass coolant bleed screw and brighter headlight bulbs.

Old 01-24-2017 | 04:35 PM
Winching

Looks a lot like mine did when I got it back in 2011.

Old 02-10-2017 | 11:07 AM
|
Rock Crawling

Fixed the blown H/K subs yesterday. Fairly easy with the right tools and way cheaper than new replacements. The foam kit was about $28 on Amazon.

Before, old surround removed by hand, it was cleaned up more with some razor blades.

New foam surrounds installed and ready to go back into the housing.

Old 02-10-2017 | 01:35 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Alex J
Fixed the blown H/K subs yesterday. Fairly easy with the right tools and way cheaper than new replacements. The foam kit was about $28 on Amazon.

Before, old surround removed by hand, it was cleaned up more with some razor blades.

New foam surrounds installed and ready to go back into the housing.
Which repair kit did you get from amazon

Old 02-10-2017 | 03:56 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by huggi
Which repair kit did you get from amazon
yea do a nice write up on that if you can. Mine are horrible and I'm trying to stay factory

Old 02-10-2017 | 05:11 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
yea do a nice write up on that if you can. Mine are horrible and I'm trying to stay factory
This is the kit I got, it's not a prime item but the standard free shipping still got it to me in about 3 days.

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-03-2017 | 05:24 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Some nice upgrades this week. Got a set of 5 used but good 265/75/16 BFG AT tires and installed some window vent visors. AVS doesn't make a window vent visor kit like they did for my land cruiser so I got a generic kit off of amazon. The rear window covers fit well, the fronts are close enough but not as good as the AVS ones. They also feel a little thinner than the AVS ones but that shouldn't be an issue. Lift kit parts should be in some time next week too.

Quick Reply: Back in a D2