Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in the game after two years

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 10:59 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Back in the game after two years

Picked up an 04 from a friend of mine, 140k miles that was totaled out due to hitting a deer, mainly cosmetic stuff, hood, grille, headlights, bumper, etc. which has all been fixed already.... The thing has been pampered and only serviced by a great local shop and Land Rover of buckhead.

Anyways I got it from him since he knew I'd take it and knew I'd make it great like my last 04. Well after having it for a day I've got a few problems. First the m and s lights are flashing, probably the battery so no big deal. Second the e brake light illuminates, it'll go off for a second or two but mainly stays on. I worry about this one because when driving it feels as if the brake is slightly on because it takes off like a slug, weird thing is that if it is in reverse it takes off quick as it should. Third, there was water in the front floorboards and a lot of water in the engine bay right above the firewall...where should I look for clogs? And lastly, right beside the abs module, there is a two prong yellow tip wire that is unplugged from somewhere and I can't figure out where it came from. I've done searches but can't find exactly what I need.

Thanks for any advice! Great to be back!

Old 09-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Check your brake fluid level as far as the brake warning light goes. The seals between the reservoir and master cylinder are a fairly common place for a fluid leak if not the master cylinder itself.

If the M&S lights are flashing that would explain your sluggish takeoff in drive, the transmission goes into a failsafe mode when the M&S lights are flashing and defaults to 3rd gear operation when in drive, so you start off in 3rd gear from a stop..

Old 09-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

^^

Brake light could just be low fluid level. Or ebrake switch.

Wet floor boards is probably blocked AC drains. Bit tricky to find first time looking.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the help guys, plan on starting d2 #2 tonight

Old 09-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Post a pic of the unplugged wire. Get a new battery or fully charge the one you have and get the codes cleared. Should delete the M&S lights.