Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back at it gents a plans for buying

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back at it gents a plans for buying

hey i been on and off this site over the past few years and like the tittle reads. i am back at looking for another rig.

now i want to know which rig is better for my intended use.

a D1 or D2 one has i believe TCS and ABS as well and the other goods i believe are true 4wd rather than my old RRC' awd.

now i plant ot use the the D to go wheeling on trails and winter snow runs. my classic never left me stuck but i would like to move to a newer rig. than my old 92.

so its main use ORV. so whats the verdict pro's con's? every time i ask on here i always get great information. i appreciate that.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Drifting

if any one can help i really would like to know what the pros or cons to buying a D1 or D2 would be. i am not familiar with the discovery.

do all of them have 4wd and tcs ?

Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

The RRC and the Disco are both true 4wd.... and actually as far as the auto industry is concerned, there are no accepted standards for what distinguishes between AWD and full time 4WD. Most people I've talked to call vehicles with a two speed transfer case full time 4WD and vehicles that don't AWD.

The later RRC's have a viscous coupling at the transfer case instead of a locker. Neither one can be ran in 2WD without changing something.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jafir
The RRC and the Disco are both true 4wd.... and actually as far as the auto industry is concerned, there are no accepted standards for what distinguishes between AWD and full time 4WD. Most people I've talked to call vehicles with a two speed transfer case full time 4WD and vehicles that don't AWD.

The later RRC's have a viscous coupling at the transfer case instead of a locker. Neither one can be ran in 2WD without changing something.

yeah my 92 had awd with the viscous coupler. it was pretty good. but it had also not been worn out yet.

dose the D 1 or 2 lock the center diff? awd dose not "it also usaly dose not lock the center diff". that can be a problem if you get a tire off the ground with a worn viscous coupler . my friends rrc his was worn out. it got stuck alot. as ware mine would still turn a front or rear tire if i had a tire on the opposite end of the truck off the ground.

if the D has a locking center in all models what to make me want to chose the 1 or 2 ? do any of them have air ride that would be a no no. i make ask some dumb questions but you guys could help me make a smart buy

there's discovery's ranging from like 93-02 for sale right now all under 5k with some mileage variation but i dunno what to pick