Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Draining....any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Battery Draining....any ideas?

Hey everyone, I hope ya'll are enjoying spring now that it's finally here!

So last week this all started....my Rover was turning over slowly in the mornings, but it would start normally after it's initial drive in the morning. I knew something was up, but with it being exam week, I just kept a close eye on it. I gave her a good drive on Saturday before I left for a 4 day trip to Chicago, and when I got home today, the battery was completely dead, no lights, no clock, no nothing. So I charged up the battery and took it to Autozone and it tested as a good battery (battery was purchased 10 months ago).

So then I connected my multimeter in line with my battery to measure the amperage. Now I know the ecu is "awake" for a little while after the battery is attached, so i put that into account. I was pulling about 1.2 amps after connecting the battery, and then about 0.8 after letting the disco sit for about 5 minutes after connecting the battery. I started pulling fuses to see which one was drawing amperage, and it appears to be the ABS Valve fuse which is fuse #11 in the fuse box under the hood, it was drawing approximately .7 amps.

The only other fuse that made any difference was fuse #20 under the steering column, and that was using approx .15 amps, but that appeared to be the remote receiver fuse along with the radio/clock memory, so i would assume that it would be pulling some kind of amperage.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Any ideas what I should be looking for? Thanks in advance everyone!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a TSB about the ABS pump not shutting down or something like that, I cannot remember the details. Hold your ear near the ABS pump and you might hear it running.