Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storm messed up my D2

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Storm messed up my D2

First, my thoughts and prayers to the people of Glade Spring, VA. Was on my way home today and went thru there and can't believe the damage I saw.
I got home to find only minor damage to the front of my house. Neighbors said we had 70 mph wind and golf ball sized hail. My D2 has the left outside mirror broken, both tail-lights cracked, and a few dents on the hood. Amazing the sunroof wasn't shattered. Anyhow, I started it up and noticed that the radio didn't work and the check engine light was on. Checked the fuse for the radio and it's good and there's power to the radio so I guess it got cooked. Tried to read the codes and my scanner said it was not connected. I tried my other scanner and got the same thing... not connected. I drove all over town and it runs great... cruise and a/c work fine. I don't think it could be anything too serious as I doubt it would even run if the ECM got cooked.

Eric

Old 05-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Where were you when this all happened?

Old 05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was in Charleston, SC. I wasn't here for the storm but my neighbors told me about it and I saw the damage to their vehicles and think my Disco did quite well. I tried my scanner again today and now its able to read the codes Don't know why it wouldn't do that yesterday but all it showed was P0440. (EEC System Malfunction) I usually get P0445 but only when I'm below 1/2 tank. (which to me is like an early low fuel light ) Never saw that before. So I erased it and did some driving around and it hasn't come back. One other thing has started happening.... every time I start it up, the alarm goes off while I'm cranking it and once it's running, the alarm shuts off. But it always starts and runs. I almost never lock it so don't know why it's doing that. May have to make a trip to the dealer to make sure my BCM isn't about to die. They only charges $50 to reprogram my SLABS last year so they'll probably only charge that to run a diagnostic on the BCM. Think I'll park it for now... I would hate to have it go into lock-down mode somewhere and have it towed.

Eric

Old 05-04-2011, 03:08 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you're safe! I'm from Big Stone Gap, not far from GS.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your truck is suffering from PTSD.