Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best anti-jeep quote/sticker

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:44 AM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: best anti-jeep quote/sticker

well said roverrocks, we all need to stick together. I like rovers and jeeps. You are right about jeeps keeping their value. I bought my '97 TJ for $7,400 kept it 4 years and put 40K miles on it, then I sold it for $6,800. BTW if anybody wants to go off-roading with me and my jeep they can try and keep up.

Name:  CJandrover1.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  137.5 KB

Old 12-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, as a lotof you know, Iwas a jeep owner for 20 years, and in fact owned both my disco and Jeep together for a year before realising that my poor Jeep was just getting garage time and was hardly used. SoI sold it to someone Iknew would takecare of it as well as I did.

With this said, the most hilarious decal I saw was : I got your Jeep thing....Now it hurts when I pee !!!

Still cracks me up

Old 12-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

All I can say is here in MI it is not us tree hugging liberals who are getting the trails closed, it is the gearheads with their big lifted Jeeps andpick upstearing up the trails and because of the abuse the State is closing trails.
If you are respectful and enjoy nature, then I do not care what you drive, it you are a jerk and just want to sling mud...then you need to go home.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:16 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The "tree Huggers" here tried to shut down one of the parks who IMO do everything in their power to protect the trails. Im talking tread lightly signs EVERYWHERE. We have some crazy people here though... Alot of environmentalist do things without knowing the whole story. They are over the top, and radical in most cases. For example, one group here believes we should TAX farmers for every cow they own because cows cause "global warming" and kill the environment! Thats borderline retarded in my opinion.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Team Owner

Cows dp produce a exsessive amount of methane gas, but to tax the farmers for it is retarted.
If you do that then the farmers pack up and move and then where do we get our food from, China?
E-85 is a scam, hybrids are a scam, the only way to stop gloabal warming is by reduce/reuse/recycle.
Reduce the amount that you have to drive.
Reuse your store bags.
Recycle things when you are done with them.
My wife and I have actually started collecting all of out metal cans, soup, tuna, etc. and rinse them out and then save them in a box, when the box is full then I take them to the scrap yard to be ground up and made into Chevy's.
Our church has a paper collection dumpster, they get paid $60 per ton of waste paper.
We use paper bags from the store, take them back to the store for next weeks groceries, the store actually pays you $.05 per bag that you reuse, put the paper for recycling in them too.
It is very easy to be enviromentaly responsible. Takes no effort at all.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Utah and Colorado it is the ATV's getting things closed as they have no respect whatsoever for staying on existing trails. Everywhere I go I see ATV trails leading off of existing trails. They are killing the 4x4 sport but everyone seems to think it is the LR/Jeep crowd doing the damage. If you try saying something to the fat, overweight ATV clowns then they get mad and threaten you. The jeepers and LR's are very good about staying on existing trails 99% of the time. I spend a lot of time in the Moab area and the mountain bikers also have a bad habit of going offtrail and leaving bike trails all over the fragile desert landscape but yet it is the LR/Jeep crowd that gets the blame and suffers trail loss.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weren't the first Land Rover's based on American WWII Jeeps?

Old 12-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Yes, the first LR's used the WWII US Army ****** Jeep as a guide, only they made it better.
They couldnt get steel, so they used aircraft aluminum for the body, they had a bigger engine and a PTO and a "fixed" throttle to run farm implements.
The farmers used left over Jeeps as farm tractors and trucks, so LR was born to fill the gap, not enough Jeeps to go around.
They could be used as a farm tractor and to take the family to town.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw one recently that I like:

"I'D RATHER PUSH A LAND ROVER THAN DRIVE A JEEP"