Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BG44K: A Skeptic Converted!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BG44K: A Skeptic Converted!

First, a thanks to all those that constantly suggest BG44K. Had I not read about it 1000 times I would never have tied it..... especially at $20-$25 a can. I'll admit, I was still completely skeptical but you wore me down.

So, I finally broke down and bought a can for the other car. I thought it was running fine but figured if I got an extra MPG it would pay for itself in a month so, what the hell. I changed the plugs about 2 months ago (Bosch Plat4's) and city MPG went from 14.7 to 17.2 I just finished the tank after the BG and 100% stop-and-go city was up to 21.3 MPG. 18 was the highest I had ever seen before and I thought it was pretty great considering 15 is the epa#. I did not, however, see any improvement in Highway MPG after the BG, don't know if engine management or VANOS has anything to do with it at that point but I'm still about 3mpg ahead of what the epa says so I'm happy but based on in-town improvement I was hoping for about 29-30.

The idle, which I thought was smooth before is now Toyota smooth (and I mean that as a good thing). I really haven't noticed any power/torque differences but I don't care, the other results are astounding. I had been using Techron and Lucas about once a month and I really don't think I'll ever buy either again. I can't wait for the tank of Techron to be empty so I can give it a go in the Disco.

If you are like me and found it hard to believe the hype, definitely give it a go. Worst case is you're out $25.

Sorry for the sort of pointless post but I was so impressed I just had to share.

Thanks Guys!
-T-

Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BG44K: A Skeptic Converted!

What kinda car did you get that kind of mileage with ???? I tried 2 bottles in a row in the Rover because I SO wanted it to work that I figured 2 tanks in a row had to deliver at least a little improvement. Nothing, nada, zilch....F all. darn was I disappointed. I guess the truck was already clean.