Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

GUYS I KNOW IT LOOKS LONG BUT PLEASE READ I NEED HELP BAD

OK so this is the story my truck has been losing coolent every week or so i have to add at least 1/2 a gallon of water. but i have not been able to figure out were it is coming from so i was going to take it to a rover shop here in miami tomarrow.................. well my wife was driving home from work today when the temp gauge starting going up so she called me iand i told her to pull over and turn off the truck as she was doing that she heard a big pop come from the engine and a lot of smoke when she turned off the truck and got out there ws coolent allover the floor atleast a gallon or more. when i arrived to her location this is what i saw.

now i put the hose back to were it goes, let it cool for about 30minand added 2gallons of watercame home which was less then a mile and now its parked in the drive way.

What do you guys think would have made it to pop the hose off from what ever that thing is(by the way what is that?) now tomarrow mornign i will be taking it to therover shop(first time going there) what should i let him do i would like to do the work my self as to save money on labor and be able to buy all the parts i need to get my truck up todate i have a budget of about $1400 but i need to do a full tune up(never done any maintenance for the past 15k miles besides oil change) i need to change all 4 o2 sensors and my MAF sensor. guys please help in advising me i pretty much hit a wall and dont know what to do.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Mudding
Default RE: BIG PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm assuming there is supposed to be a picture with this post. Would definitely be helpful if there were.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Mudding

Old 01-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Mudding

yes i am trying and failing miserably but i should get one up soon

Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 PM
TReK

Kind of thought that was the case. Post your picture to photobucket or similar site then copy the link into the forum. Click on the button that looks like a mountain so that "[IMG]link to picture[/IMG]" appears and check embed picture in post. Should work

Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Mudding

Old 01-23-2009, 11:00 PM
TReK

Now we're making progress. But I have no idea what that is. Looking in RAVE to see if I can figure it out.

That would be your thermostat housing. Pull the thermostat out, put in some near boiling water and see if it opens. I'm guessing that it won't and you'll need to replace the thermostat.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Mudding

to give you a better idea its right behind the radiator to the left of the battery

Old 01-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's your thermostat, just re-connect it (you may need to change the hose clamps)... Drain and re-fill the system with the proper coolant mix, and pray that no major damage was done....

Strange that it popped off... You should plan on replacing the thermostat, and the hoses..

After it's all re-connected, try and find out why it came off..

Quick Reply: BIG PROBLEM PLEASE HELP