Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Lift?? (Need lift suggestions!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 08:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Body Lift?? (Need lift suggestions!)

Hey guys, so I need to squeeze another 1” to 1.25” of lift onto my truck. (Currently 33’s, moving to 35’s). My question is the best way to do it. I’m on OME springs and 1” spacers all the way round (don’t know which springs unfortunately). I am no way tied into my spring setup and don’t mind changing. My shocks are +2” 4way adjustable Terrafirmas. I’m thinking total lift right now is +3.5” ish

I definitely don’t feel like stacking on another spring spacer to get the lift I want. Plus extending bumps just seems lame. So what are my options? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

D1 springs should be a little bit higher

Old 05-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Saturnine
D1 springs should be a little bit higher
Are you referring to the Spring seats? I have D1 spring seats in the rear. It’s more the front thats the problem :/ rear is pretty easy to lift. I’m trying to figure why I don’t see more body lifts around? I did notice my rear bumper fitment is going to be an issue however. Front will also require a little drilling and welding. But with the benefits of a body lift and keeping the CG low, and not messing with caster angle. You’d think rover body lifts would be more common. My 4Runner buddies rant and rave about their body lifts.

something like this is what I’m trying to avoid (I’m basically there minus the Terrafirma 1.5” lift spacer) ..

Last edited by Dsport; 05-07-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

I’ve had great success with small body lifts combined with suspension lifts on other trucks. I think they’re fine as long as you take the time to address wires, brake lines, cables, front and rear bumper fitment/looks and rad support mounting. There may be more stuff as I’ve never done a rover.
The nice thing is it doesn’t raise the bulk of your center of gravity, and creates room for the tires and other stuff.
Back in my Jeep days this was huge as you could than do a “tummy tuck” which let you push the trans/transfer case up higher and make a smooth skid plate. It’s amazing what an inch or 2 will let you do if your serious

Old 05-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Fastercat
I’ve had great success with small body lifts combined with suspension lifts on other trucks. I think they’re fine as long as you take the time to address wires, brake lines, cables, front and rear bumper fitment/looks and rad support mounting. There may be more stuff as I’ve never done a rover.
The nice thing is it doesn’t raise the bulk of your center of gravity, and creates room for the tires and other stuff.
Back in my Jeep days this was huge as you could than do a “tummy tuck” which let you push the trans/transfer case up higher and make a smooth skid plate. It’s amazing what an inch or 2 will let you do if your serious
Nice. Yes ultra small body lift is what I’m looking at. 1.25” it’s not much, but it’s enough. My truck sits pretty level right now. And I’ve definitely don’t want to mess with springs if I don’t need to. Going from 33’s to 35’s means I need that extra inch to avoid tire/fender contact. Hopefully someone else will chime in. I’m a little unfamiliar when it comes to the steering linkage/radiator area. Is this something I can do with a hi-lift or am I going to need a lift? Thanks!!