Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boggers or tsl's on a discovery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: boggers or tsl's on a discovery?

I agree that most offroading is the driver. I always pick a line before I try anything. Never be afraid to stop and scout out where you are going. Look before you leap is my motto and I have full ARB lockers F and R plus a CDL. Don't just charge up anything. Watch vehicles ahead of you and their lines. You have got to try and keep all 4 tires on the ground especially if you don't have a CDL and/or lockers. I always lower my tire pressures offroad to 18 #. Makes a big traction difference. You could fairly cheaply add an air compressor under your hood for easy airups when done. If you plan on lots of offroading then you have got to spring for a CDL and maybe a rear locker. The rear locker alone makes a huge difference with a CDL. This is why I got a D1 and not a D2 as D1 came with a CDL. I would bet many of those "stock" jeeps that ran right up the hill were locked. Just because they do not say Rubicon does not mean they did not add lockers. Jeeps are so much easier and cheaper to modify than a disco. I live in Western Colorado and most jeeps I see or run with are locked whether they say Rubicon or not. As to tires I love my BFG MT's offroad. Great in the dry and snow or mud. I have BFG at's on an old Explorer and like them too but only in dry conditions. They are bad in mud or snow. Clog up real fast. What I like about BFG tires is their tremendous toughness and duribility. In 5 sets of AT's or MT's on my 2 vehicles with lots of offroading I have never had a flat or torn a tire up. Very tough tires. Both whine on the highway but I don't care.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: N.Franklin

Why not try the Trxus M/T and let me know how they perform afterwards? Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor's couldnt get me out of this one, it took a completely stock Jeep Wrangler with a strap to tug me out.

I do not think the tire really would have made the difference there. That is al ot of weight and mud to try to get through. I bet it was fun though.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha yea that's like swimming in pudding...you would need full out PADDLES.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Mudding

Why not try the Trxus M/T and let me know how they perform afterwards? Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor's couldnt get me out of this one, it took a completely stock Jeep Wrangler with a strap to tug me out.

Love the picture! nah im not a big fan of the trxus anymore even though i have them. The trxus a/t tires will outdo any other tire in the sand. Please everyone quit with the lockers. I do not need to know anything about lockers please get to the point. Iknow a guy that has boggers for sale for an amazing price thats why i'm considering buying them but i dont know if i can hold on to the steering wheel while driving because of the shake. I dont have 2000+ dollars to go blow on lockers. I'm possibly going to get another truck in the next few months and im not dumping ridiculous ammounts of money into modificatins when i'm not sure if i'm keeping it. I have only gotten about 2-3 replies that have actually sort of helped my decision and therest are about lockers.Please dont reply unless you have ran boggers or know someone else that has.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Rock Crawling

Why waste money on tires then if you are getting rid of it probably. Save your money for your next truck and do it right. You put this up for discussion and then we all find out you are not even keeping it.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dont waste your time.
What we have been telling you is straight up facts.
Tires wont change much, if anything.
If its a good deal go for it, if no one has replied about boggers by now, then no one must have them.
But at the same time, why waste you money if you are getting a new truck?
We arent trying to make you mad by saying "get lockers" we just dont want you to be disappointed when you spend money on tires and see similar results.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Mudding

I'm not getting a new one that soon and im not positive i want a new one, i said possibly thats why i dont want to dump every penny into the thing. The tires are 400 bucks and i have the rims already. I'm not mad, it gets agravating when no one will get to the point.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: handsome rob

I do not think the tire really would have made the difference there. That is al ot of weight and mud to try to get through. I bet it was fun though.
I went through there the week before no issues, but then again it wasnt 5 feet deep in the middle that day either.