Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone heads at AB sent me the wrong part AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 05:30 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Angry Bone heads at AB sent me the wrong part AGAIN!

Got my hopes up for nothing. Yet again Ab sends me the wrong dam part and now I have to wait another couple days to get an inspection sticker! Last time they sent me the wrong brake booster servo. The one that I pulled from my D2 was well. .... fat and big and the one they sent me resembled a slim line brake booster! Second time in less than a year for the same customer, same truck. This time they sent me a P38 center muffler. Ive been ordering **** from both RN and AB for a couple years now and I have an account with both and my 04 D2 is in both their systems so I cant see how or why they would confuse my truck with anything else and send me the wrong dam parts. Worst still is the P38 muffler cost more than the D2 muffler and it came in a partially damaged package. Whoever taped up the box did a ****ty job to. Bull****!

Name:  IMAG0763_zps9d918b28.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  IMAG0765_zps027ba08b.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0766_zps4fcd0af3.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  53.0 KB

Name:  IMAG0767_zps0befbe59.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  81.3 KB

Looks nothing like the one on my truck:

Name:  IMAG0768_zps35e9fbdd.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  68.3 KB

Name:  IMAG0769_zpsad6f7bcc.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  63.8 KB

Old 05-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those bastards! lol.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I feel your pain. There's nothing worse then waiting on a part to put your truck back on the road.
I had the same thing happen to me with Lucky8. I ordered a HD steering rod kit from them and one of the tie rod ends was all messed up. I specifically asked Justin to send me an EXACT replacement tie rod end with a Zerk fitting. After another few days of waiting around what shows up in the mail? A new tie rod end minus a Zerk. I didn't want to deal with him again so I just put it on the truck. The stock tie rod ends didn't have a zerk and were fine so I think I'll be okay, but I am kind of disappointed I didn't get all the upgrades I was expecting and paid for. Unfortunately these kinds of things happen when ordering things through the mail and not being able to go down and physically pick it up. 95% of the time everything goes fine, but that other 5% can be frustrating.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Have you called them and explained before beefing to the public? These guys are usually reliable and if problems exist a person to person call and VIN will work. If ordered by internet is always a risk as computers do not look up your particular model. Been with them for 15 yrs. and never a problem.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Meh, no ones as bad as BPUtah. Those guys suck. They have terrible customer service. Just order from RN if you don't like AB. I have had my problems with AB, but they have always corrected it. RN I've never had to deal with customer service, so I can't say they have great customer service, but I can say they have better quality control as I've never had a wrong part come. No Land Rover parts supplier here in the states are really a big company, so you can't expect a machine to load and ship your packages for you, people do it, and there is always human error, so don't sweat it, you have to wait just a few days more, no big deal.

Last edited by Dane!; 05-20-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Not sure why you didn't just hit me up on Facebook... I can always match their price if they're cheaper.

That being said, this happens everywhere and is not specific to AB.

What really makes a company is their ability to resolve the issue, which I'm sure they will.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:48 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Jagfixer
Have you called them and explained before beefing to the public? These guys are usually reliable and if problems exist a person to person call and VIN will work. If ordered by internet is always a risk as computers do not look up your particular model. Been with them for 15 yrs. and never a problem.
Yes I did get ahold of them, the sales rep who sold me the muffler was not available. The guy I spoke to seemed very un-sympathetic to the situation but did promise to ship out the correct part tomorrow. Yes you guys have a point, they are a small business and they do not have machines to pack and ship their packages. However, Ive been ordering parts from them for a couple years and they do have all my info including vehicle saved in their system. That way when i call they just ask for my customer number and it brings up my name, shipping address, credit card and the vehicle of which Im buying the parts for. Its not a very large group of sales rep there and ive done alot of business with Eric so he should kinda know me well enough by now to send me the correct parts the first time.

At my current job I ship out large bulk orders daily to the Amazon.com warehouse. We usually ship them large quantities of items to be fulfilled by Amazon when a customer pays for the items. On average I ship out about 200-500 items per day and each item must be bar coded, dated and amazon stickers have to be added. Then everything must be packaged and the proper shipping labels added then the pickup UPS/Fedex?DHL trucks come and take care of the rest. They key responsibility of my job is to pay attention to detail and make sure the proper items are being shipped to the proper warehouse, as well as the proper quantity of each item. One mistake could cost our company $$$. I just wish AB has better quality control especially when dealing with loyal customers.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:52 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Not sure why you didn't just hit me up on Facebook... I can always match their price if they're cheaper.

That being said, this happens everywhere and is not specific to AB.

What really makes a company is their ability to resolve the issue, which I'm sure they will.
Zack I actually prefer Rovers North. I love the staff with their British accents, I love their customer service and how enthusiastic they usually are whenever I call them. I also love how involved they are in Rover events. The love the website and the user friendly parts catalog/diagram which makes it super easy for people to identify parts they are not sure about. But the one thing that usually breaks the deal is their slightly higher prices on some parts. I did not know you could do price match but if that is the case ill go to RN much more often!

Old 05-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

x2 I need some price matching

Old 05-21-2014, 05:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zach has always taken care of me at RN.

Quick Reply: Bone heads at AB sent me the wrong part AGAIN!