Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone heads at AB sent me the wrong part AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

If you use the Microcat find your own part numbers then confirm what they are sending you. If you don't have a copy of Microcat you can use an online version here:
Microcat - Spare parts Land Rover catalogue in English

If you want to install it yourself you will need Windows XP. I use Windows 7 and installed Oracle VMBox and installed a version of XP. Works Great!
Land Rover Microcat – November 2009 - Land Rover Technical Blog

Old 05-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared9220
I feel your pain. There's nothing worse then waiting on a part to put your truck back on the road.
I had the same thing happen to me with Lucky8. I ordered a HD steering rod kit from them and one of the tie rod ends was all messed up. I specifically asked Justin to send me an EXACT replacement tie rod end with a Zerk fitting. After another few days of waiting around what shows up in the mail? A new tie rod end minus a Zerk. I didn't want to deal with him again so I just put it on the truck. The stock tie rod ends didn't have a zerk and were fine so I think I'll be okay, but I am kind of disappointed I didn't get all the upgrades I was expecting and paid for. Unfortunately these kinds of things happen when ordering things through the mail and not being able to go down and physically pick it up. 95% of the time everything goes fine, but that other 5% can be frustrating.
PM me your info. Ill get you what you're missing.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:25 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYErikDiscoII
PM me your info. Ill get you what you're missing.
Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. I already had the alignment done and at this point it would be more time and money than it's worth.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i went through a whole fiasco with AB with some brake parts, and they never even bothered to resolve it. sent me a return shipping label and RMA a week later. A quick call to rovers north and the correct parts were at my door 2 business days later.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pricing (as well)went to crap after British Pacific sold out or got purchased by AB.

I miss British Pacific. British Pacific's website was 50 fold better than AB's

when navigating.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

there are far worse site to navigate than AB

Old 05-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sent me the wrong belt tensioner and idler pulleys for my DII. I put it on my truck and clearly it wouldn't work when the belt would come off with a simple tug. I called them up and they denied it, and told me I put it on wrong. How you do that I'm not sure of. Well 2 weeks after I sent it back I'm yet to get a refund. Ever since they bought/merged with pacific british it seems they have went down hill. I'm going to RN from now on.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Don't even get me started about 4Wheelparts.com Kings of Suck!

Old 05-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4wheelparts.com oh my lord they are terrible. Stay away from them.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Yes I did get ahold of them, the sales rep who sold me the muffler was not available. The guy I spoke to seemed very un-sympathetic to the situation but did promise to ship out the correct part tomorrow. Yes you guys have a point, they are a small business and they do not have machines to pack and ship their packages. However, Ive been ordering parts from them for a couple years and they do have all my info including vehicle saved in their system. That way when i call they just ask for my customer number and it brings up my name, shipping address, credit card and the vehicle of which Im buying the parts for. Its not a very large group of sales rep there and ive done alot of business with Eric so he should kinda know me well enough by now to send me the correct parts the first time.

At my current job I ship out large bulk orders daily to the Amazon.com warehouse. We usually ship them large quantities of items to be fulfilled by Amazon when a customer pays for the items. On average I ship out about 200-500 items per day and each item must be bar coded, dated and amazon stickers have to be added. Then everything must be packaged and the proper shipping labels added then the pickup UPS/Fedex?DHL trucks come and take care of the rest. They key responsibility of my job is to pay attention to detail and make sure the proper items are being shipped to the proper warehouse, as well as the proper quantity of each item. One mistake could cost our company $$$. I just wish AB has better quality control especially when dealing with loyal customers.

In all likelihood the sales rep is not the person pulling, packaging, and shipping the order. As a salesman myself, I find it frustrating that consumers always want to blame their salesman for every problem they have with an order, regardless of who's fault it is. Case in point, the Op mentions the damaged box in his rant. Does anyone really believe that the salesman is to blame for that? Did it ever occur to anyone that the shipping company may have damaged the box and that someone in the warehouse may have packed the wrong part? Just my .02 .

Quick Reply: Bone heads at AB sent me the wrong part AGAIN!