Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boneyard stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 895 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by COSitsWORTHit
Upper gauge surround that is NOT broken in any way.
These may not exist on planet Earth. I checked all five - all were broken.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by dr. mordo
If they are in good shape (no cracks), I need a left tail-light and the black plastic piece on the back of the truck that hangs out over the license tag.

Thanks!
I'll look for the tail light. I assume you mean the high-mounted one, not the bumper-mounted. The price list online shows them running from $15.83 for small one, $20.88 for a medium, and $31.03 for a large taillight. Don't know how they'd categorize one for a DII but it might be just as easy to source one from Paul Grant or via eBay.

Auto Parts Prices | LKQ Pick Your Part | LKQ Pick Your Part - Charlotte

The black plastic piece may be more difficult to remove than I care to invest time in doing. We'll see. I do know that none of them have good gaskets that mount between the plastic and the sheetmetal. I was looking for one of those for myself.

Last edited by mln01; 03-28-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Camel Trophy

Well, today's return trip to the boneyard was disappointing.

One of the five trucks that was there Good Friday was gone. I was down to four.

The sad thing is that two of the trucks were the no sunroof versions. No sunroofs equals no sunroof leaks. One was the first heated windshield DII I've ever seen. Not common in the Humidity Belt. Unfortunately a windshield swap is well beyond my skill set. And the damn thing probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

Slanginsanjuan scores in a minor way with a coin tray (Whoopee!) and an air intake hose. PM will be coming your way.

Dr.mordo wanted "... a left tail-light and the black plastic piece on the back of the truck that hangs out over the license tag." No luck. Sorry.

CharlieV wanted an A-pillar finisher. That part was gone from three trucks and broken on the fourth. Sorry Charlie. (I've waited DECADES to be able to write those two words. You younger people should search YouTube for Star-Kist tuna commercials.)

I picked up yet another spare XYZ (v2) plus a rear step. The lever retaining another XYZ (v1) refused to come off the shaft so I couldn't get it. Bummer. The XYZs were gone from the other two remaining trucks.

As I said last week these trucks were pretty well picked over before I found them.

Last edited by mln01; 04-03-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01

CharlieV wanted an A-pillar finisher. That part was gone from three trucks and broken on the fourth. Sorry Charlie. (I've waited DECADES to be able to write those two words. You younger people should search YouTube for Star-Kist tuna commercials.).
No problem, thanks for trying! I bought a parts Rover that had the finishers and they were like eggshells anyway (both broke with the slightest touch). Those and the windshield finisher are just ridiculously fragile after a decade in the sun. I may try some rtv or something similarly gooey to stop my rattle.

That commercial ran all of the time when I was a kid! Loved it! And I still only buy Starkist Tuna.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for the effort.