Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bottorf-fabrication

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

check out britpart stuff. AB is a retailer although they don't advertise the stuff because they don't stock it but they can get it shipped in a month over from the UK. i'm sure you could find other retailers just like this. Cost is low and some of the stuff is dead nice. just a thought.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:43 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
call the police department there locally and say you will fly in to press charges. hopefully they will pay him a visit and you will see a refund. otherwise you are going to have to eat your losses and go to a reputable company. make sure next to you do your research.
X2, from what I have read, ^^this strategy^^ has worked a couple times and people have gotten their refund REAL QUICK after the 'black & white' made a visit.

IMO it's a real shame....I know it's hard to turn away business, but at some point your have to either have to amp up your production, or you've got to be honest and turn people away, or put them on a waiting list....something other than what seems to be going on....

Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by humroot
If he were smart, he would take off all his advertising (he is advertising on eBay) until all his orders are up to date. I dont understand why he would continue to look for new business when he has orders a year old!
Because when you aren't financially solvent, but are scummy, you use the money from new orders to pay for the labor and materials to complete old ones or to issue refunds.

It appears that he is on a very common failing business tread mill.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DarylJ
Because when you aren't financially solvent, but are scummy, you use the money from new orders to pay for the labor and materials to complete old ones or to issue refunds.

It appears that he is on a very common failing business tread mill.
Excellent point. I get it now.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I would have joined this forum sooner....I'm waiting for my sliders. Promises from Nate and John, but no tracking numbere as of this moment.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jleebron
I wish I would have joined this forum sooner....I'm waiting for my sliders. Promises from Nate and John, but no tracking numbere as of this moment.
How long have you been waiting so far?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad I saw this thread. I was contemplating ordering from them as their located about a 45min drive from me. But not now.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I wish my fab guy had worked out...

Old 05-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Mudding

Its a real shame his business has become like this. Last year, I got into a group buy to order sliders, we ordered 3 sets and got them as promised. Nice product, well made. Again its a real shame.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:51 AM
4wd High
Default Not long

I ordered on April 11 and Nate promised a couple of times to send the tracking information. I got that again yesterday from John. We'll see. If so, I am having better luck than many. The product looks good on paper, and if they deliver, which I am hoping they do, I should be a happy camper. I will let you all know what happens. They have been in business a long time.

Quick Reply: bottorf-fabrication