Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brain Trust

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brain Trust

Since it's not your driveway, buy a few 50lb. bags of rock salt and a cheap hand spreader. Shoot some on his side of the driveway an hour or so before your wife needs to leave. It will save you from the bother of cleaning up his mess and still leave you with easy access. The only downside is that salt will eventually break down the concrete and tear up the driveway, but that's not really your problem.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I suppose I should clarify...the third car is my sons.
If we didnt need their driveway to get out then I would not care what they did with it.

ggg pppppp gggg
ggg pppppp gggg
dddddddddddddd
ddd dddd
ddd hhhhhhh dddd
ddd hhhhhhh dddd
ddd hhhhhhhdddd
ddd dddd
ddd dddd
ddd dddd
sssssssssssssssssssssssss
ddd dddd

"G" is garage, "H" is house, "D" is driveway, "S" is sidewalk and "P" is parking.
Drive up one drive, around back of the house and down the other drive.
My PC drawing skills are very limited.
I am starting to like the idea of bring my van home and parking it in my driveway.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Team Owner

It would take ALOT of salt to melt 2 feet of snow.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a great time to find foreclosures in the area, great house, great price, great rate. If not there are plenty of mean and dirty tricks that cause neighbors to up and move in the middle of the night!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats actually a very good picture of what is going on there.
so can you back into your parking spot then just pull out using only your drive way? or park head in but back out then drive out of your driveway? know what i mean? it sucks you have to go through all of this. maybe if all else fails, block the driveway until they get the idea. BUT, if they are as white trash as you say they are, then they might let the air out of your tires or something just as bad, then you are @ss out for work!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Disco Dave

thats actually a very good picture of what is going on there.
so can you back into your parking spot then just pull out using only your drive way? or park head in but back out then drive out of your driveway? know what i mean? it sucks you have to go through all of this. maybe if all else fails, block the driveway until they get the idea. BUT, if they are as white trash as you say they are, then they might let the air out of your tires or something just as bad, then you are @ss out for work!

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Avoid their side at all costs and it ceases to be your problem. While you are at it, give the kids back their sporting equipment. I wouldn't shovel for you either if you stole my football.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Team Owner

Well we cannot back out of our driveway because we live on a major 4 lane road, and when my wife takes the kids to school everybody else is too, and on their way to work, etc.
I have backed her car into the garage so that she can pull straight out, but she cannot do that, she just is not skilled enough to do so.
But when we are all at work the parking spaces are empty and she will just turn around in there and then go out our drive.
So I am thinking more and more of calling the landlord again, if he again does nothing then I will bring the van home and block park infront of our garage.
I can back in off of the street, hazards flashing on a FedEx van give you the right of way.

We have thought about tossing a lit match under his truck last summer...he would go to the gas station and fill his truck, let it sit all weekend and half of his gas would leak out. There would be a huge puddle under his truck, and I mean a puddle of gas.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:22 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Disco Dave

sounds like you may have a chance in small claims court. i would first try to take it to the landlord and maybe if you snowblow their snow you get more of a break? if not, maybe you stress to him that if any damage occurs to your cars because of the other tenants, then you will hold the landlord responsible. i don't know if you have legal grounds in that regard, but most people don't know and you may kick them in the @ss to do something about the problem!!
The only problem with bringing it up as a case is, technically its their side of the property. So a lawyer would be all over that, and it would prob. be a one and done case where the judge sees the issue, and drops it. Its sad that some people cant take care of their yard or driveway, its not hard and you would think they grew out of being lazy.

Spike you should move down south. (if only everything in life was free...) You would love it down here, doors are open for you, people wave no matter what, and there is some amazing BBQ. And the big winner... LESS SNOW! Everything shuts down when it snows here!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.22 short (.22 LR are just too noisy)
good shovel
tyvek jumpsuit
latex gloves
plastic tarp
50 lbs of lye per adult (adjust amount based on body weight for teens)
remote location (oportunity to use rover here)

problem solved

PS - headshots! headshots! headshots!

prolly some legal issues here but oh well.....

Old 01-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Team Owner

ORIGINAL: pilsner

.22 short (.22 LR are just too noisy)
good shovel
tyvek jumpsuit
latex gloves
plastic tarp
50 lbs of lye per adult (adjust amount based on body weight for teens)
remote location (oportunity to use rover here)

problem solved

PS - headshots! headshots! headshots!

prolly some legal issues here but oh well.....

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!
No body no crime, learned that from the Soprano's.
Plenty of far away places here in MI, will have to wait until spring though, the ground is frozen.

Cam-but I love the snow.

Lots of foreclosed housing here, but still out of my price range.

I really think that we are going to go the make it difficult for them route.

They dont even notice a missing football, layed in the yard for 3 weeks before I picked it up.
Never moved, it killed the grass.

Quick Reply: Brain Trust