Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake bleed leads to three amigos?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake bleed leads to three amigos?

I had my brakes bled (and tires rotated/balanced) by an indy shop last week. About 40 miles later, I get the three amigos. ABS amigo says the codeis: front left sensor bad output (once it was low output).

Before I try to fix this myself or take the car back to the shop, I wanted to know if they could've loosened (or otherwise messed up) the abs sensor's connection into the hub when they did the brake bleed.

I've never done much stuff with brakes before...sorry if this is a dumb question. I just find it curious that I get the bad sensor output right after a brake bleed. I've cleared it and it comes back rather quickly every time.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

the connection is not in the hub that would have come loose follow the wire up you will see the connector. make sure its tight. you can also use an OHM meter to test the sensor.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
the connection is not in the hub that would have come loose follow the wire up you will see the connector. make sure its tight. you can also use an OHM meter to test the sensor.
I followed the wire from the wheel into the engine compartment and didnt notice any looseness. It's all very dirty from snow grime I went through today, but the lights had come on before I even went in the snow.

Does the cable just pull straight out of the connector? Maybe I should disconnect the cable, clean, then reconnect?