Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Break-in/Superlock Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break-in/Superlock Problem

So short back story, I have a 2001 Discovery II and the FOB key is non operational due to someone throwing it into the ocean this summer and haven't have the chance to replace it. I obviously have the key attached to it and have been using that to lock/unlock my car since.

Ok, so I got out of work yesterday and for some reason my key wouldn't work opening up the vehicle. I tried and tried but to no avail. I called a locksmith (due to my ignorance in the locking situation of my car...I know better now from research into the matter) and obviously he, being a ****ty, side job locksmith, couldn't get it open so I just left it at work and went home. This morning I go back to see if I maybe I could get back into it with the key and someone had broken the top back sun roof and gotten in and I guess the alarm went off because nothing was missing. I suppose he exited from the rear driver side door because that was open but all the rest were locked and unable to be opened. As soon as I opened the door, the alarm went off and so I climbed into the driver seat to try and put the key in the ignition and turn it off, but nothing except more alarm. I open the driver door and get out and try and unlock the door but it doesn't work, alarm comes on again. So in the end I had to disconnect the battery to shut it up. I came home looked up what the heck just happened couldn't find anything but some people said that if you disconnect the battery it should reset the superlock, but it didn't because when I tried reconnecting the battery the alarm came back on immediately.

So if you've made it through all that detail, first off thank you, could anyone help me in determining what my next course of action should be...before taking it to the dealer. Like is there any wires I can cut, disable, to turn off superlock or some sort of code. Because obviously I would have to have it towed there, inspected, fixed, glass fixed and cleaned. I am not at a financial state where I can afford to do that. If it all boils down to it will but trying to determine my other options first.

Thanks in advanced.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post