Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Blowing out of defrost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:54 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Blowing out of defrost?

I have a 2002 Disco and no matter how the A/C level is adjusted ie floor,head level,or defrost the cold air comes out of the defrost and frosts up the windshield.Does anyone have a clue?Also where can I buy the plastic cam followers that move on the guide track for automatic windows?

Regards
Jude

Old 08-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: A/C Blowing out of defrost?

Have you read in your owners manual on how to do a slf test on the a/c system, if not do so and get back to me with the code number.
Make sure you perform the test out side in the heat of the day.
Just a thought, you didn't turn on the front window defroster???
Mike

Old 08-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,402 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I have the same problem on my Disco, air is always coming out of the windshield defog vents and in the humid summer we are having it fogs the windshield. It's like the vent doors are not moving/closing/sealing - is this common?

Old 08-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Well, since you attached to a post from 7 years ago, I guess not. But more likely, yes, it could happen. There are electric servo motors that connect to the HVAC control units, and direct air when they are told to do so. Could be stuck motor, wiring problems, etc. All found in the RAVE shop and electrical manuals.

Had same problem in my Mercedes wagon, rolled up a sweat shirt that was similar color to dash and laid it over those vents. Boosted output of other vents a little.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Air is always going to flow out the defrost. It is a design flaw in the duct. At the back of the duct where the flap is that opens and closes the duct there is about a 1/4 inch cut out to allow airflow to the top of the dash. Only way to prevent air going up to the windshield is to to plug those openings. I have my dash torn apart at the moment and when the sun gets a little higher I will post photos of what I'm talking about.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

As you can see by the attached pics, there is no way not to get A/C coming out the defrost unless you cover those sections where the light is shinning in.

Attached Thumbnails  A/C Blowing out of defrost?-img_0112.jpg    A/C Blowing out of defrost?-img_0111.jpg  
Old 08-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, time for a sweatshirt or this time of year a beach towel.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does it in both of mine...haven't thought to pull a sweat shirt out yet, but cheap sweatshirt is next on my to do list now!

Old 08-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Then you have something to pull on should a new boneyard "appear" on that well researched weekend trip - "look honey, they may have a roof rack...."

Old 08-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Madlands
Does it in both of mine...haven't thought to pull a sweat shirt out yet, but cheap sweatshirt is next on my to do list now!
Beach towel for me in both mine. We normally don't get this many days of this high humidity. ( its high here all the time but never rains like this all summer) Maybe that is the difference.

Quick Reply: A/C Blowing out of defrost?