Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you remeber witch two wires you jumped I think I have the same problem

Originally Posted by Enigma753
Despite the age of the thread it has been most helpful, I experienced the exact same problem.

From this thread I used a jumper wire where the relay is suppose to be, and the system works normally.

I will be replacing the relay but I have notice inconsistent prices, from 89 dollars to 26 dollars.

Is this correct??

Thank you for the thread.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Check out my fix from long ago in the link below. Check for power at the fuse indicated(front panel at fuse). If no power loosen top bolt holding fuse block and pull top of block toward you to get to back. Check for power on connector and wire indicated. If you have 12V then your fuseblock is bad internally for the blower fuses (rest of block typically is fine). Either replace block or bypass as indicated. Good wire from back to wire from blower with an inline fuse. If no power found then check fuseblock under the hood(bonnet) as indicated. Bypass there if needed as indicated. I had problems with both and bypassed both. Working fine years later.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...m-fixed-22524/

Last edited by PalmettoDisco; 05-25-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot for this great write up. I had the same problem with the front and rear a/c blower not working. Some reason I had 11volts to fuse 6 and 7 with it off, as soon as I turn the a/c on it dropped to 0volt. so Just did a quick check with the a/c off, ran a wire with 30amp fuse from the battery straight to the blower relay (Brown/red wire). Then turned on a/c and wham it worked so I new that the fuse panel had a short in it so I put two inline fuses like you did. thanks just in time for another hot summer.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Glad you have a/c back. I remember how happy I was when it worked.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Finally got a round to working on mine. Fan also just stopped working months ago but now it's summer and much needed. I ended up pulling the interior fuse panel and cleaned and inspected with nothing out of the ordinary. Pulled the blower motor and had power going to the power plugs but seems to not have enough amps to move the blower motor. Tested blower fan direct hookup to battery and it was fine.

I ended up wiring in 10 gauge wire direct from the battery to the blower relay with a an inline 30 amp fuse, and disconnecting the stock power wire and capping it off.

Blower fan now works perfect. Had to charge the AC with a can of freon. I was also surprised the fan speeds also still function. Happy camper now.