Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone tell me what this code means?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Can anyone tell me what this code means?

The code is P1300 and the code reader is telling me, "ignition timing adjustment terminal" I have no idea what it's trying to tell me but, it's running pretty rough and wants to stall when not on the throttle. Actually it does stall sometimes, other times it just runs rough and the idle dips way low. Then it seems to pick back up sometimes and run at just about a normal idle speed but still rough. HELP!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You all!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Not trying to be a douche but 1300 is Random/multiple misfires detected. your code reader is just that, a reader. Use RAVE to interpret codes. Do you have any other codes?

Last edited by dgi 07; 10-16-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

re: In "the vin range," no explosion yet...

Won't have to wait too long - P1300 is

Catalyst damaging level of misfire on more than one

cylinder

Can you read the lawyer grade fine print? Dat means you killin' the cats on dat Disko. STOP DRIVING UNTIL YOU FIX IT!

And download the free RAVE and read section on engine management in workshop manual.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
P1300.pdf (550.9 KB, 147 views)
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

So now that you know you have problems, when was the last full tune up along with 8 mm silicone wires?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Stupid me... I didn't add the rest of the codes to this post.
Sorry about that guys, I also have P0306, P0305, P0307, P1319 which says: No DTC Definition Found (not sure what that means???). Now, I also have P0300 which then says: Random multiple misfire detected. Then the P1300 code says ignition timing adjustment terminal. So is this still a "random multiple misfire" code or is it a "timing adjustment terminal" code? Or, does this mean the same thing?
Really sorry I left an incomplete set of codes in my post, I apologize, I was REALLY tired and feeling a bit ill last night. I truly don't wish to waste anybody's time, I'm busy too and know what it's like.
Having said that, thank you very much to all of you who wrote back on this thread. (especially seeing as how you had an incomplete set of codes to give info. on)

Old 10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
re: In "the vin range," no explosion yet...

Won't have to wait too long - P1300 is

Catalyst damaging level of misfire on more than one

cylinder

Can you read the lawyer grade fine print? Dat means you killin' the cats on dat Disko. STOP DRIVING UNTIL YOU FIX IT!

And download the free RAVE and read section on engine management in workshop manual.
No, not driving it. Codes came up right after starting it. It hasn't run for more than 5 min. tops like this. Is that too long??? I don't know much about catalyst damage.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
So now that you know you have problems, when was the last full tune up along with 8 mm silicone wires?
About a year ago. Doing another one before starting the truck again though.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Should be OK. Plugs and wires will be a big help. If you download the RAVE, you can search it (I use it as a pdf file) for a code number and it will find it if it is in there. Generic readers sometimes are close, but no cigar.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Do you know about what wires to buy for your truck, this is important, you want either 8 mm STI or 8 mm Magnacor wires. Buy your wires from British Parts of Utah.
What octane gas are you running?

Old 10-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Do you know about what wires to buy for your truck, this is important, you want either 8 mm STI or 8 mm Magnacor wires. Buy your wires from British Parts of Utah.
What octane gas are you running?
Thank You DiscoMike, yes 8mm magnecores. Had the motor apart to do a H/G job. I think someone may have stepped on a couple of my wires. I'm so not happy about it but, what can I do? I get to use the garage and lift for free whenever I need it. Unfortunately, some other not-so-careful people sometimes wander through there. Oh Well! New wires it is!!! I run ONLY premium gasoline 93 or 94 octane, usually 94 unless not near my normal, local gas station when she gets thirsty.
Just wondering what your thoughts are on the codes I'm getting, do you think most of the problem is wires alone? Or is there anything else you would suggest buying at the same time? Thank you very much for any help you can offer!

Quick Reply: Can anyone tell me what this code means?