Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD changer to ipod swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 10:09 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD changer to ipod swap

So I recently got an Iphone and i would like to use it instead of my (non functioning) CD changer. I was hoping I had the alpine 6 pin connector so I can just order an ebay plug which converts it to a set of RCA cable, unfortunatly I have the 10 pin. So ive looked at the rover wiring diagram (which here it is if anyone wants it http://www.discovery2.co.uk/pdf_file...grams_03MY.pdf ) and I was unable to track down the wiring for the cd changer. Does anyone know the color codes for that 10 pin adapter, I would think that I can just splice in the red and white wires to the respective colors, but I want to find that out before I do. I plan on going to town on it with a continuity tester soon but I thought I might ask if anyone has any prior knowledge.

P.S. I am searching for a lift and some tires if anyone has a set they are willing to part with.

2001 LR D2
Cold Air Intake
ABS Module SVS rewire

Old 07-13-2013, 09:19 PM
4th Gear

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have encountered the same problem.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 07-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

$39.00 here you go Land Range Rover Interface Module Cable iPod iPhone 3 5mm Smart Phone Aux Input | eBay
this goes under the passenger seat in place of the CD then just run the cables up between the seat and the console.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's what I have been looking for! Thanks!

Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

your welcome

Old 07-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Overlanding

Will this work on the 2001 D2 with CD Changer -- I am going to look at my CD Changer Electrical Connection tonight when I get home.

While sending my Radio to someone is doable -- just do not want to spend that kind of money when I have other things to spend it on such as Drive Shaft repair/replacement, new Front Bumper, etc.

UK

Old 07-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one of those cassete adapters that I plug my phone into. works like a champ. I'm in a 99. Not sure if yours has a cassette but it works for me.

Originally Posted by kentuckyroverman
So I recently got an Iphone and i would like to use it instead of my (non functioning) CD changer. I was hoping I had the alpine 6 pin connector so I can just order an ebay plug which converts it to a set of RCA cable, unfortunatly I have the 10 pin. So ive looked at the rover wiring diagram (which here it is if anyone wants it http://www.discovery2.co.uk/pdf_file...grams_03MY.pdf ) and I was unable to track down the wiring for the cd changer. Does anyone know the color codes for that 10 pin adapter, I would think that I can just splice in the red and white wires to the respective colors, but I want to find that out before I do. I plan on going to town on it with a continuity tester soon but I thought I might ask if anyone has any prior knowledge.

P.S. I am searching for a lift and some tires if anyone has a set they are willing to part with.

2001 LR D2
Cold Air Intake
ABS Module SVS rewire

Old 07-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Overlanding

I tried the Cassette adapter -- did not work for me, could be that the Cassette in the radio is non functioning

I currently have the FM Transmitter from (Scotche) and it works ok
-- except it needs a battery, which could be a problem
-- and you tune to a particular channel on the transmitter, and could be a problem on the road

We do not use CD's much anymore, everyone in the family has gone digital -- could burn CD's for music but if I can fine an adapter to plug a IPod Touch/IPhone into the system that would be great but not going to spend alot for this when I have mechanical things to fix first.

UK

Old 08-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Overlanding

ISO: LAND RANGE ROVER INTERFACE MODULE CABLE iPOD iPHONE 3.5MM SMART PHONE AUX INPUT....unable to find one online....both fleabay, amazon and banggood.com

=( |

Quick Reply: CD changer to ipod swap