Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD CHANGER PROBLEM ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:26 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD CHANGER PROBLEM ?

I think I bought the wrong cd changer-I bought a LAND ROVER DISCOVERY OEM CD CHANGER 6 DISC 1997-will this fit my LR discovery 2002. To me it looked like a universal cd changer that would fit any LR discovery. The description said it will fit LAND ROVER, RANGE ROVER, DISCOVERY I, DISCOVERY II, FREELANDER but didn't give a year so I figured it would be o.k. Then after the fact I have been told this is not going to work...is this true ? It would be great to know before I flush more money down the crapper-I have to still buy the cd data cable connector . Thanks again

Old 08-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Drifting
Default RE: CD CHANGER PROBLEM ?

hahaha...this is a small world

Hey Disco23...i'm "the75bugman" who wrote you!!.....

I'm going off my research online and what the dealership AND local Audio store experts told me....not personal experience, so if I've been given wrong information I apologize...

1.. Check your owners manual...it SHOULD tell you what brand of stereo is in your Disco ( I think 2002's came with Alpine or H&Ks?)

2...everyone I talked to/read told me that you CANNOT make a direct connection between CD changers of one brand with the changer cables of another......if there is some way to "rig something up" I have not been told about it.....and even then I was told that if I figured something out there were good chances the head unit would not recognize the changer.

3....I nearly did the same thing for an Alpine Unit on ebay....it was going for $150 buy-it-now.

4. Best thing to do is find someone on eBay selling a changer from your exact year of landy and brand of head unit....they should list the cd changer model #....(For instance....I need a Panasonic CDX-M65ZRV)

Hope I'm helpful and you dont' just think I have an ulterior motive......like I said, I nearly did the same thing with an alpine changer and I woulda been pissed to have to go through all the hassle.

I'm bidding on another changer currently....but if I don't get it and you are interested in selling your Panasonic changer to me....I'll match the $60 you paid for it and give you $20 for shipping and handling. Just message me back on eBay.

Cheers and good luck!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:01 PM
6th Gear

Hi there,
Are you stalking me ...just kidding! It is a small world. No offence I just need to check things out before I do another impulsive move..I don't do this often. Number one I just got my LR discovery and it came with no manual so of coarse I ordered one on line..Number two who the hell wants to buy a 300.00 dollar CD Changer? So I was trying to get a good deal..Also I don't know if you noticed but the 1st bidder is a seller on here. I went right on to his ebay site and he would have turned around and sold this one for close to 300.00 with the missing parts. I know for sure because he was doing it! That pissed me off... so regardless I wanted it I figured as much I could always resell it back to him for 300.00 do you think he would bite? Ha Ha The manual isn't telling me squat there were two styles with numbers only R980 & R990-R980 is suppose to go with vehicles w/duragrain interior-R990 is suppose to go with the leather interior. Go figure I have the R980 with leather interior ? I checked on the radio the only thing it says is DOLBY B NR-so I still want to do a bit more research. If you don't get the other CD changer keep me posted because if it doesn't fit I would be more than happy to sell it to you for the $80.00. I have not even received it yet so I want to take a look at it. Well it was great talking with another LR owner.
Take Care

Old 08-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Drifting

Congrats on your new disco man.....2002 eh?...nice nice....got any upgrades planned??

Yeah...I know the guy you are talking about....didn't realize he was doing ebay re-selling though....I asked him if he could get me a Changer like I needed and he said yes, for $299.....I'm like....screw you!

If it does by chance connect...you'll still need the CD magazine.....you can get it from e-tronics for $25.

The one I'm bidding on is getting pretty pricey because it's a complete unit etc etc.......but we'll see what happens.....

Do you have the changer cables under your seat?.....the panasonic has one connection approx an inch long and a quarter inch tall.....and a second connection that is kinda square and a quarter inch by a quarter inch.

Anyway....lemme know how it works out......

cheers.