Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Console Back in - now no Cigar lighter no Heated Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Center Console Back in - now no Cigar lighter no Heated Seats?

I am not the best at wiring diagrams in regard to what all the symbols mean exactly, so be easy on me as I am still learning in this area. Does anything jump out at you that may be in common between the two in regard to fuse or relay? I double checked the connections, and they seem good, so not sure where to look next.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Auxillary circuits relay runs them both, it switches power from fuse link 7 under hood to run them, and there is also a common ground point c0018, but that is a ground header under the A post (driver side kick panel). Check the fuse link, it bolts in.

Fuse 26 under dash must be good for relay to pull in.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 c0018.pdf (504.9 KB, 119 views)
Old 06-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every time I did any work on my center console/CDL the fuse would blow for those two things. As SB mentioned, fuse on the drivers side kick panel. I believe it's a 30.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks guys. I can check fuses and links, but did not see anything that clearly stated the lighter. I did see the relays for the seats, but was trying to figure out what they had in common. I will take a look tomorrow.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Probably won't say it on fuse panel or box lid. But the diagrams are pretty clear. Just pretend they are an old road map, follow the line from one place to another.

Sorry, but the Yellow Jacket civil engineers got there first and decided that roads would have old gold and white right down the middle... even in Blacksburg.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I just re-read this.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

The new semester is about to start, and at universities across the country that 3rd semester of calculus will push many engineering students to change to industrial management....

Old 08-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Been there, done that. Engineering was fun for a while. It was fun to then see what the rest of the people on campus had been doing that was so fun!

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 08-05-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle

OK, I had to move on to other things and do some trail riding, but now my wife wants that lighter working to charge her phone. I noticed that all total the cigar lighter, the heated seats, the mirror compass and the sun visor vanity lights are not working. I have checked the under dash fuse, and the fusible link under the hood, and they are both good. The light around the cigar lighter does work. The cold weather is now starting to roll in and those heated seats will be missed, and I am missing charging my phone a little as well, and this weekend while on the trails I missed my rear view mirror compass.

I will dig into the driver side kick panel tomorrow, and I need to check that ground point for clean connection, and I believe I already checked the under hood relay. I swapped the AUX with the ABS relay that does work, I believe it was, but I will double check that, is has been a few weeks since I checked all these items. I will be back

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 10-22-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check fuse #15 under drivers side dash. It's a 20 amp fuse (yellow). It is wired to both the heated seats and the cigar lighter. I just had to fix my wife's the other day.

She had a piece of metal stuck in the cigar lighter and it was shorting out anything that got plugged in. The metal was from our GPS charger that came apart one day. Didn't realize the metal was still in the lighter.

Quick Reply: Center Console Back in - now no Cigar lighter no Heated Seats?