Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Central Locking Receiver Replacement ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Locking Receiver Replacement ?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Disco II but the central locking doesn't work with the fob. The red light flashes on the fob when pressed but nothing else. I don't lock the doors because when I do all 5 doors lock and when I try to unlock only the drive door unlocks. He did mention that he sealed the sunroofs because of rain water that came in, so Im guessing the receiver between the rear sunroof and boot got messed up with the water, and I wanted to know if anyone had a good DIY guide for replacing one?

Battery changed in fob with no change.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 966 Likes on 643 Posts

Sounds more like the actual lock actuators in the doors. Does the same thing happen when you use the lock/unlock button in the dash?

Old 04-28-2015, 01:39 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

^ X2. If the receiver was bad it would not pick up the signal to unlock drivers door.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

Funny!

I think you need to push the unlock button twice and the balance of the doors will unlock. It's an option in the BECM. One of our cars unlocks all 5 with one button push, the other opens drivers with one push, balance with the second push.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 966 Likes on 643 Posts

How odd. All my doors except drivers will lock and unlock with one push. The drivers door will only lock with two pushes and will only unlock with the key.

I've got 3 door actuators that I'll sell you if you find that you need them for your passengers front door and both rear doors.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Sounds more like the actual lock actuators in the doors. Does the same thing happen when you use the lock/unlock button in the dash?
No, all doors lock/unlock when pressing the dash button.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abran
^ X2. If the receiver was bad it would not pick up the signal to unlock drivers door.
But thanks the problem, the fob does not unlock the doors, it locks all doors when I insert the key into the driver door, but when I turn the key to unlock, only the driver door unlocks.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abran
Funny!

I think you need to push the unlock button twice and the balance of the doors will unlock. It's an option in the BECM. One of our cars unlocks all 5 with one button push, the other opens drivers with one push, balance with the second push.
Tried it but unfortunately still nothing.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alex_M
How odd. All my doors except drivers will lock and unlock with one push. The drivers door will only lock with two pushes and will only unlock with the key.

I've got 3 door actuators that I'll sell you if you find that you need them for your passengers front door and both rear doors.
Thank you, I will keep you in mind!

Old 04-29-2015, 05:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dead_battery
Thank you, I will keep you in mind!
I know what your issue is!

You need a new fuse box. There are built-in relays that control the lock/unlock function. When mine failed, the fob stopped working first, then slowly the dash button no longer worked. After replacing the fuse box everything works great! See the article below:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/195372926...d-Relay-Repair

Quick Reply: Central Locking Receiver Replacement ?