Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Change of pace

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change of pace

There's been a lot of threads requesting help with maintenance or a broken part or something lately, and I think it's time for a change of pace. Not that I'm complaining, I think I'll be able to fix any issue that may come up in my DI now.

Anywho, let's just use this thread to post anything fun(ny) and dealing with Rovers.

I saw this little article browsing the East Coast Rover website (and drooling over their TDI conversions) and even though it was written for Series Rovers I think most of it applies to us as well.

http://eastcoastrover.com/Seriesswear.html

Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Change of pace

That is absoluty great!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha... that makes me happy...
________
Web Shows

Last edited by discoxd; 08-15-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

THATS AWESOME and SOOOO TRUE

Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, this is my favorite: Never race my engine in an effort to keep up with modern traffic.

Im sure many of you guys have already seen this commercial but Ive always found it hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FVUBqPR83w

Old 11-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Winching

never seen it.... but freaking funny hahahahaha

Old 11-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is another version specifically for Discovery owners

Discovery Series I and II owners please raise your right hand and repeat the following...
I am a (insert the Discovery Series of your Rover here) owner and solemnly swear to:

* Grease my U joints every 6000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first.
* Change my oil and oil filter, myself, every 3000 miles or every 3 months whichever comes first.
* Engage into Hi / Lo range every so often to avoid shifting problems when it’s actually needed.
* I will occasionally thumb my nose at the various 'quickie' oil/lube places when I pass them by.
* Not assume that I MUST have a lift kit, roof rack, front and rear metal bumper, a winch, a rear ladder, sliders, skid plates, a snorkel, CDL, CB radio, hi-lift jack, recovery straps and tools, Hella lights, or other modifications to be successful off road.

* Keep all items above on my wish list because I want them regardless.
* Never race my engine in an effort to keep up with modern traffic.
* Lay awake at night thinking about what that noise was when I drove home from work today.
* Always include something about Land Rovers in almost every conversation with my SO [Significant Other].
* Take the ribbing, cussing and screaming that my SO gives me for the previously mentioned act.
* Never try and convince my SO that they "need" a Discovery to replace the family vehicle.

* Lay on my back underneath my Rover for at least 30 minute a week, talking to it, and myself, and contemplate future maintenance and modifications for it.
* Make sure that my greasy garage cloths are kept separate from the rest of the laundry.
* Have at least 2 manuals devoted to my Land Rover Discovery.
* Not buy any Land Rover (or any other vehicle for that matter) sight unseen off EBay.

* Understand that the word "restored or rebuilt" can mean almost anything, especially to those selling a Land Rover.
* Keep a set of 'car working' clothes or coveralls in my Rover at all times for emergency repair work.
* Keep a tube or tub of hand cleaner and a rag in my Rover at all times.
* Always make sure that the top ten items on my Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary list are Land Rover related.
* Make sure that any gifts I buy my SO are NOT Land Rover related in any way.

* Have at least 3 of my shirts and hats adorned with some kind of Land Rover emblem.
* Know all of the Land Rover parts suppliers by name, and have memorized all of their phone numbers.
* Own a torque wrench and understand how to use it.
* Realize that I don't know how to use a torque wrench, but that I do know an experienced Rover mechanic on a first name basis.
* Constantly monitor www.landroverforums.com for new threads and /or updated ones.

* Attempt to do a topic search on www.landroverforums.com before posting a new post for previously discussed topics.
* Keep a digital and paper record book of my Land Rover's maintenance history.
* Show that paper record book to everyone that comes over as if it were pictures of a brand new baby.
* Explain to my SO that my Land Rover is my baby.
* Learn to recite in my head your Rover's entire maintenance schedule so I can do it while brushing my teeth.
* Know that there is no such thing as a trouble or maintenance free Land Rover.

* Know exactly how many miles I have left to drive before I run out of gas.
* Have all the necessary parts and tools ready for when I break down.
* Know all the phone numbers I need to call if I can't fix it.
* Have a complete set of Recovery tools in my Rover

* Learn how to drive my Rover with a broken half shaft.
* Learn to keep a spare half shaft and other spare parts in my Rover.
* Make sure the top 3 favorite web sites on my browser are all Land Rover related.
* My desk at work has Land Rover related items on it.
* Make sure that when anyone at my work has a problem with their Land Rover, I am the first person they call.
* Not allow anyone with less than 5 years Rover experience to add or take any fluids to or from my Land Rover for any reason.

* And finally, understand that I am a Land Rover nut and not everyone can comprehend this ability and may not understand why I eat, drink, breath, stink and sleep Land Rovers. I can only accept that I do and therefore, will act and behave accordingly...
So (please) help me [insert your deity here].

You may now lower your right hand =)

Old 11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I've done it all. Very good list.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle

haha, my girlfriend says that it's sad that I was reading that list laughing to the point of tears rolling down my cheeks at how much of it applied to me. I told her it's sad that she wants to buy a VW bug instead of a Disco.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Winching

hahaha that was an excellent answer!! my girlfriend owns a Hyundai Accent... and I HATE working on that car... why doesn't she buy a normal car like a Disco or a Jeep? hahaha
I didn't show her the list but when I will... she will tell me that this totally applies to me.... but the question is: is it sad or hilarious that this list aplies to almost everybody on this forum? hahahaha