Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed ABS modulator, bleeding procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Changed ABS modulator, bleeding procedure?

I changed seals in shuttle valves, and changed shuttle valve switches at bottom of modulator, so bleeding is necessary. Procedure below is what I plan to do, so correct me if anything is wrong with this procedure:
1.Using my Hawkeye scanner to automatically bleed the modulator for me (yes it does this, causing the ABS modulator to growl when I push bleed). I don't see any problems with this straightforward process. This just pumps all air pockets out of the modulator, into the lines between the mod. and the brake cyl. on all four wheels, right?
2. Using old fashioned method, bleed tubing on bleed valve on wheel, down into jar with some brake fluid in it at each wheel, starting with right rear (furthest one away from ABS modulator), push brake pedal to force air/fluid out of line, into jar. Watch to keep brake fluid level up, and fill as necessasry during this process. Once no more air comes out of my bleed tubing, shut off the valve at wheel, and move to left rear wheel, doing the same. Finally, move to the other two front wheels, maybe moving again around all wheels, until no more air comes out of system. Is this process all good to go, for2004 Rover Discovery?