Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing AC from Celsius to Fahrenheit

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Savannah Buzz is good with answers.........Better than the Administrator who just runs you in circles. One simple post and it's done. Better than 20 post and still no answer... Just a different breed of person. SB can do the work others just are use to telling other how to do it.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
here 'tiz

Temperature conversion (°F - °C)
The temperature displays can be converted to
or from Fahrenheit and Centigrade, as follows:
• Press and hold the air recirculation button.
• At the same time, press and hold the on/off
button for 3 seconds.
• A ‘beep’ will sound to indicate that the
conversion has taken place.
Interesting. I didn't know this was possible.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

re: Savannah Buzz is good with answers.........Better than the Administrator who just runs you in circles. One simple post and it's done. Better than 20 post and still no answer... Just a different breed of person. SB can do the work others just are use to telling other how to do it.

I would not agree with this. In may cases other members provice a quick and exact answer. Mine tend to be long winded, sometimes with extra links and pictures, so that another guy stuck in a hotel in Memphis trying to fix his Disco in the rain in the parking lot might find some background when he does a search five years from now. What makes sense to a person with lots of experience might not seem correct to a newbie. And some of our newbies are engineers with 30 years under their slide rule (wow that dates me). But I feel if people are exposed to the RAVE in bite sized pieces they might just decide to have their own copy. It is important to realize we are dealing with manly men, type A personalities, the sort of guy who doesn't need an instruction book....

This forum, as long as the owners can afford to operate it, will be a source for Rover owners who evolve from the bought-a-new-one to the can't-afford-to-service-it to the just-bought-a-high-miles-Disco-cheap-how-do-I -fix-everything? In other words, the vehicles will live on for a while, and there will be more and more interest in repairing them as they age. Eventually parts sources will dry up. We may have to substitute parts. Things learned along the way by owners and posted will help owners years from now. None of us is as smart as all of us. And the overclocked administrators help keep things balanced. We need them.

Our differences are what makes this a great forum. You have gear heads, audio wonks, engineers, expedition welders, service techs, managers, and everything in between. Got some lawyers with print so fine it gives you crow's feet. DIY owners, extreme modifiers, soccer moms, and even owners that just want to be sure their abundance of folding money is not being abused by a shop.

With the RAVE as your guide, and some help from our forum in the tech stickies, and open questions and search of old answers; a computer weasel can take off that damn necktie and rebuild an engine. A Rover is a hobby, it is something we each enjoy in different ways.

Rant over.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Three Wheeling

Still you take the time to explain in laymans terms so it's easy to follow. No run around just good answers....and thats what help more than anything to make this a good forum. Your answers are greatly appreciated, and I know for sure they help save alot of aggrivation. Sure we use the rave manual BUT sometimes just a simple answer from someone who knows is much easier. When I went to the local Rover Dealer and spoke to the SERVICE MANAGER he didn't say "Look in the Rave" he just gave me a 3 minute answer.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Well, since I'm not even up to layman, I have to make it simple for me to spell. One of the reasons DM likes to talk to guys is to also feel out how technical they are. That can be done quickly on the phone. As far as knowing, I can't even carry the 5 mm allen wrench for some of the guys on here. I'm just genetically verbose, daddy was a car sales guy and mom was a woman (fastest known form of communication - tellawomanwithatelephone). Now let's all go lube our hood latch today....

Old 03-12-2012, 02:41 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Savannah Buzz - Thank you for the quick response and solution. As I spend most of my time in Afghanistan and a few other stans, getting to the internet is sometimes (mostly) a luxury.
Rob - I understand your teach a man to fish comment but why would i spend time asking google how to fix my Rover when the experts are right here?