Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

Last night I was out wheeling for the second time that day. Half way through the trip I got a towel off the passenger side floor board and it was wet. I turned around and went home, but on the way my Engine light came on. No temperature problem, I checked the fluids this morning and all seem fine, maybe down a half a quart of oil.. I ran the truck to get it to leak in the cab but nothing happened but underneath water was dripping like mad. I thought maybe it was the A/C dripping. I turned off the A/C and it kept dripping. It was coming from spot on the passenger side maybe under the feet of the back passenger. Is this drip normal? Any suggestions on the Check Engine light. Maybe the heater core is bad.? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Check Engine Light

If it was plaine water it is from the A/C not the heater core, go smell it and see.
Most likely you have a plugged up A/C drain tube. Ther are 2 of them, one on either side of the transmission. Crawl under the truck with a flash light, look for a small rubber nipples that might be plugged, there will one on each side of the tranny coming thru the floor. Poke it and it will open up.
The check engine light is a separate issue and you should have someone scan the truck for codes.
Mike

Old 07-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check Engine Light

Thanks Mike, Right after I posted I saw someone else with the same problem and I found the plugs and released the water.