Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check oil light

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 02:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 138 Likes on 95 Posts

Here’s a picture of the horizontal mount:

Old 05-02-2020, 07:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,040 Posts

Fairly typical symptoms, you likely either have a broken oil pump or a walked cam bearing. Your tick might actually be a result of the low oil pressure. Either way the oil pan and front cover have to come off. The fact the light goes out when you rev the engine suggest the switch or wiring is not faulty.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
Fairly typical symptoms, you likely either have a broken oil pump or a walked cam bearing. Your tick might actually be a result of the low oil pressure. Either way the oil pan and front cover have to come off. The fact the light goes out when you rev the engine suggest the switch or wiring is not faulty.
i have a new oil pump on the way and all the gaskets to do this from lucky 8 will be here Monday.
now to try to put things in the dishwasher hahaha wife will kill me

Old 05-03-2020, 06:16 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boston4
I went with the wired one and mounted it between the gauge cluster and the driver's door - it fits perfectly on top of that little vent. Great piece of mind to be able to see your exact temps. I also like to use my phone for navigation on longer trips, and this avoids me having to dedicate the screen to monitoring temps. The wired UltraGauge is always on and it'll beep if I'm not paying attention and the temp gets too high. It also reads codes and can clear the Check Engine light.

Here's what I ordered:
1 x UltraGauge EM Plus v1.2 (UltraGauge_EM_Plus v1.2_15)
Mounting options Horizontal Surface Mount & Bracket

Good job. Using blue tooth on a cell phone never make sense to me. UG is 10x better and the location is fixed. Set it up and done. I used the suction cup to keep it up a little higher. Ultra Gauge is the best. Who wants to set up new BT and apps each time you get a new cell phone or fiddle with phone updates? Set it and forget it.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:00 AM
Received 393 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherBoots
Good job. Using blue tooth on a cell phone never make sense to me. UG is 10x better and the location is fixed. Set it up and done. I used the suction cup to keep it up a little higher. Ultra Gauge is the best. Who wants to set up new BT and apps each time you get a new cell phone or fiddle with phone updates? Set it and forget it.

i agree I don’t even like touching my cell when I’m driving Here in Canada if they even suspect your looking at a cell you get rammed with a $1000 fine.
plus sometimes I don’t even have a cell phone when I drive

Old 05-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,040 Posts

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
i agree I don’t even like touching my cell when I’m driving Here in Canada if they even suspect your looking at a cell you get rammed with a $1000 fine.
plus sometimes I don’t even have a cell phone when I drive
What the hell is going on in Canada, the more I see in the news the more I feel like we live next to the Soviet Union.

The following 2 users liked this post by Extinct:
Richard Gallant (05-04-2020), Sixpack577 (05-04-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 11:28 PM

What the hell is going on in Canada, the more I see in the news the more I feel like we live next to the Soviet Union.
they just banned 1500 types of guns assault style yesterday because they think criminals go to the gun store and start shooting people

95 % of the shootings happens in Toronto area with stolen hand guns.

We are losing our freedom

Old 05-04-2020, 03:12 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Laws only matter when people follow them.

That Gun ban was a Knee Jerk Reaction ..... with no due process .... they are Terrified of what could happen to them. They over played there hand.

Old 05-04-2020, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by LeatherBoots
Laws only matter when people follow them.

That Gun ban was a Knee Jerk Reaction ..... with no due process .... they are Terrified of what could happen to them. They over played there hand.

there is a report this morning they are also planing on banning hand guns in certain areas

Old 05-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Received 1,151 Likes on 796 Posts

@redwhitekat Not without a large change to the law, firearms are a federal responsibility as Alberta was told by the Supreme Court when this mess started back in the 80's and they wanted to handle things provincially. But it is very off topic

Quick Reply: Check oil light