Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CKPS keep engine from turning over?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default CKPS keep engine from turning over?

Haven't gotten to my stranded truck yet, but my first thought is CKPS.

Daughter said everything was fine. Parked at a Resturant and ate with friends.

Got back in truck, turned the key and nothing. No clicking or sign of engine turning over.

A helpful dad told her it's not the battery, so I am assuming he tried jumping it.

What do you guys think? I know this is a blind guess with not much more info, but thinking of grabing a duralast CKPS on my way from the airport.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Not sensor. It would turn over
My guess is a loose battery terminal wire.
It wiggled loose on her way to the restaurant and is not making connection to restart

Old 03-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Dang. She said she jumped in it when I was only 10 minutes away and it started right up. No messing with cables or anything.

Hmmm, any ideas?

Told her to drive it straight home. No going out in it tonight. On a Friday night! Oh the horror

Old 03-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

same guess.....loose wire.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm guessing it wasn't all the way in park and she bumped the shifter the second time around.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by jafir
I'm guessing it wasn't all the way in park and she bumped the shifter the second time around.
Could be.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle

After further interrogation, it seems her friends dad tried jumping it.

She turned the key and nothing happened. He had her try it again, and she said "it like all lit up". I asked her what all lit up. She said "everything on the dash, you know, the truck driving down hill thingy, a green star, a red box with a plus and minus in it, the yellow check engine thingy, everything"!

Hmm, ok. What happened after that?

"All the colorful lights went back off, except the yellow check engine thingy! I turned it off and went back home with my friend and dad. They brought me back when you said you was close. I tried it again, and it started right up and the yellow check engine thingy wasn't there anymore"!

Well, how do you argue with that in depth technical synopsis!

Going outside to check what I can now!

Old 03-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
Hmmm, I've done that a few times, stopped in drive D when in a hurry then jumped back in and tried to start it, few choice expletives always readily available, then realised it was still in D drive so meekly puts it into P park and of course it starts immediately and then drive away and the wife always, without fail, says "do you always have to swear so much" to which I say ..................... nothing.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by cybercop
After further interrogation, it seems her friends dad tried jumping it.

She turned the key and nothing happened. He had her try it again, and she said "it like all lit up". I asked her what all lit up. She said "everything on the dash, you know, the truck driving down hill thingy, a green star, a red box with a plus and minus in it, the yellow check engine thingy, everything"!

Hmm, ok. What happened after that?

"All the colorful lights went back off, except the yellow check engine thingy! I turned it off and went back home with my friend and dad. They brought me back when you said you was close. I tried it again, and it started right up and the yellow check engine thingy wasn't there anymore"!

Well, how do you argue with that in depth technical synopsis!

Going outside to check what I can now!
Pure magic cybercop, the female description of a Christmas tree ........................... or........................ the lights on a car dash

Could be worse. True story .............. a friends wife blew the engine in his/her Subaru Impreza. Her husband/partner said what was the symptoms before the engine blew, she replied "well there's been a red light on the dashboard on and off for the past week" so Mark checked it out, hmmm oil light, he found no oil in the engine

it never ceases to amaze me

Old 03-27-2015, 05:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Checked battery terminal connections, main grounds, nothing loose, but then again, it starts right up.

This wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't may daughter driving it around.

Starter going bad? My past experiences is that they just go out and come back like that!

Quick Reply: CKPS keep engine from turning over?