Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Pack Relocation Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Kingsborne made an 8mm wire set for the relocation special Part number will be issued later. This 8mm wire is very affordable and I just ordered sets to test.
Cheers!
Thanks for adding the PN.

After testing will you offer a kit that will include the affordable wires? It would be nice to need no other parts when using old coil packs. Would think limiting to one color such as red would simplify things for you and buyers. Will be considering your nice kit soon.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:52 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by number9
Thanks for adding the PN.

After testing will you offer a kit that will include the affordable wires? It would be nice to need no other parts when using old coil packs. Would think limiting to one color such as red would simplify things for you and buyers. Will be considering your nice kit soon.
I thought about that but I dont want to get stuck with those and buying them, it will get really expensive for me plus theres no warranty for those I can give. Also the time ordering and shipping here, then to you will add up where you can get them yourself faster. Then, I have to stock all the colors in case some would like to personalize their trucks.

I have enough running just to get out a kit out to you. Though it is very simple kit, there are many parts that are made or ordered from Europe and sent to the West Coast to be completed. Plus machining the bracket to specs, bolts and clips all add up just to make it convenient to you. Dont forget packaging each individual kit and going to the post office for mailing and lines are long on weekends. But thats all cool, as long as rover guys get their rig going.

There was also a time where I forgot to package 2 bolts in each of the three packages, packed it in a small envelope and the post told me that I cant mail it like that! HAHAHAHA! They told me the label is much larger than the package. Had to go back find the right envelope and mail it again. Cheers!

Old 07-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

With respect to Gerry, who is offering this setup for what I consider to be a very reasonable sum, I would remind the penny pinchers that this can be done on the cheap, for about $50.

That is, if you are willing to do your own soldering, build your own plug wires, and fabricate a bracket. If these were already for sale before I modified mine, I probably would have just bought a kit and been done with it, but in the end the functionality is the same and I gained an in depth knowledge of the ignition system in the process.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Thanks Gerry for your explanation, understand and their $20 to ship sucks. Assume we need to contact them as the wire sets are not currently available through their site? Later.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:57 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by number9
Thanks Gerry for your explanation, understand and their $20 to ship sucks. Assume we need to contact them as the wire sets are not currently available through their site? Later.
Heres more info:
You can all her straight so no operator.

Remember to add GC to the IGN 790 for quick reference to the part. Thanks

Old 08-21-2017, 08:35 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance this kit is still available? I sent a message through eBay also

Thanks!!

Old 08-22-2017, 01:23 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After I posted last month I went on eBay and ordered one. He said that was the last prefab kit he had. He's good with communication and I'm sure he'll get back to you.

The following users liked this post:
LR03NJ (08-22-2017)
Old 07-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Looking to pick this kit up. Tricky Dick is starting to throw misfire codes.

The following users liked this post:
LR03NJ (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 02:56 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
Looking to pick this kit up. Tricky Dick is starting to throw misfire codes.
If you need, check it out next week, I have more coming.
Thank

Old 07-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Sounds good, if you hear anything before then feel free to ping me

Quick Reply: Coil Pack Relocation Project