Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

condenser question on D2

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default condenser question on D2

So I had the cams replaced in my D2. I believe the mechanic took out my condenser to make room to get cams in. They said they didn't but my A/C was working fine when it went in and when it comes out it is leaking like a sieve at the connection point. I am thinking they messed up the O-rings.

They had messed several other things back and I just didn't want them tearing into it again.

I can't find any links for the D2. I don't believe I should have to remove the radiator. Just the fan and shroud. Has anybody done this?

I am going to get a new dryer to go with it with some Pag oil. I already have the vacuum pump as well as a way to measure the gas going in so that is all good, its just getting the condenser good to go or getting another one.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by robersonb
So I had the cams replaced in my D2. I believe the mechanic took out my condenser to make room to get cams in. They said they didn't but my A/C was working fine when it went in and when it comes out it is leaking like a sieve at the connection point. I am thinking they messed up the O-rings.

They had messed several other things back and I just didn't want them tearing into it again.

I can't find any links for the D2. I don't believe I should have to remove the radiator. Just the fan and shroud. Has anybody done this?

I am going to get a new dryer to go with it with some Pag oil. I already have the vacuum pump as well as a way to measure the gas going in so that is all good, its just getting the condenser good to go or getting another one.
Take a careful read of the RAVE manual as it's all in there in detail. Good luck.