Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contrary to popular believe Disco 2 wiper blades do work just fine

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 03:18 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Smile Contrary to popular believe Disco 2 wiper blades do work just fine

and FYI these are the ugly winter wiper blades I'm currently using. Ordered a pair from Atlantic British. Summer blades work just as good in warmer months. My truck has 134k so I replaced all the wiper arms and blades front and rear so that may be one of the reasons why my stock setup works so well. I also did alot of fiddling around with the adjustments to get the front wipers positioned just right and working good. Now I have good wipers and a clean windshield. Just saying.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please. Add part number. Thank you

Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by san988
Please. Add part number. Thank you
Winter blades with install video: Wiper Blades - Front Pair - Winter (Part # DKC500010PMD) - Land Rover wiper blades\washers from Atlantic British

Summer blades front and rear kit: Land Rover Discovery Series II Windshield Wiper Blade Kit (Front & Rear)

Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 AM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

Where do we find a description of the adjustment procedure?

Old 12-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I've still got stock blades, and the ONLY time I have issues is when it's really snowy and it freezes on the windshield. But, that happens with all my cars in the same conditions.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:23 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Dave03S
Where do we find a description of the adjustment procedure?
To my knowledge there is not official document of adjustment procedure. If you need to adjust the arms just remove the wiper spindle caps and loosen the nut and move the wiper arm until it sits evenly going horizontal across your windshield then re-tighten the nut. Then get in the truck and test them out and re-adjust to your needs. I find that adjusting the arms so that when they are stationary and they sit evenly horizontal across the windshield in a straight line it works best. I also look to see how far up the drivers side wiper reaches. Before I adjusted it, the wiper would not go up near the pillar enough and as a result a had a couple inches more of dirty windshield which irritated the hell out of me. So I adjusted it so that the wiper goes all the way up and nearly touches the drivers side windshield pillar. Cleans real well now and I have maximum visibility while driving. As others have suggested in previous threads, you may want to use locktit on the nuts once you have the wiper arms adjusted to where you want them because otherwise they will eventually come lose again and get out of line. Mine we so bad that they started fist fighting eachother while I was driving! Slamming into eachother and getting stock then not setting back down properly...... very embarrassing!

The main thing though is to ensure that the springs in your wiper arms are not worn, if they are then your wipers will not hug the windshield as they were intended thus your wipers will not work properly. Same thing with your wiper blades, inspect them couple times per year. If the rubber blades show signs of cracking or look wavy then its probably a good idea to replace them. Ive also heard that you can apply some type of lubricant or cream to the blades to improve wiper performance but I have not tried it out. Winter wiper blades are expensive but I will see how mine hold up and maybe use them again next year.

Wiper replacement parts:

Land Rover Parts, Accessories and Information

Old 12-31-2013, 06:14 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I've never heard that they don't work, just that they are stupid expensive, as illustrated by your links.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

You can spend the $60 for the "upgrade kit" and get new D1 arms and blades, then just buy cheaper wiper blades in the future or go with the $35 wiper change every time instead.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
You can spend the $60 for the "upgrade kit" and get new D1 arms and blades, then just buy cheaper wiper blades in the future or go with the $35 wiper change every time instead.
IF I had not bought a few pairs when RockAuto had a sale on OEMs, I would seriously consider this upgrade. For me, they cost $4/pair, and I've got a couple more years worth of them. These OEMs actually ended up cheaper than wipers I normally buy from Walmart. Again, I would do the upgrade if I were looking at $35 a pop from here out.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:28 AM
TReK

To each his own.

Quick Reply: Contrary to popular believe Disco 2 wiper blades do work just fine