Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant level

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: coolant level

It doesn't seem to be leaking any coolant. You can hear it boiling when you turn off the engine and the top radiator hose doesn't seem tight like it is full. Other than that the coolant level remains constant at cool temps and doesn't overflow etc. after reading this post I felt maybe i should try to bleed my radiator because it seemed to work for the previous gentleman and mine isn't even leaking. Thanks for your reply and assistance.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: coolant level

Targosti-Do this with the engine cold, best if after it has sat all night.
Open the drivers window and turn the heater to full hot, both sides and the fan speed to low A/C off.
Remove the fill plug on the top corner of the radiator and remove the cap from the coolant resevoir.
Make sure both are full.
Start the truck and let it idle sticking your hand inside the window every once in awhile to feel for heat from the heater. If you put the HVAC controls to "vent" or "dash" it will be easier to check for hot air.
Once a steady stream of coolant comes out of the radiator fill plug screw it back in with the truck running.
Next wait forsteam to come out of the coolant resevoir making sure that it stays full.
Once you have heat from the heater and steam from the coolant resevoir replace the coolant resevoir cap. Make sure the truck is running this whole time.
The next step is to check the coolant level before you drive the truck for the first time for the next 2-3 times you drive it. Top off the coolant as necassary.
Does that explain it? Any more questions dont hesitate to ask.