Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

could this be the problem??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could this be the problem??

Well I had a light front end wreck(2001 Land RoverDiscoSeries 2)and when the body shop was fixing it and then they drove it back to their other shop the front brakes locked up on them. The abs, tc, and downhill lights were on previous but they are thinking that was because their was a problem w/ the brakes before. anyways they replaced the calipers, rotors, pads, and brake lines in the front w/ land rover parts (they say) and the lights are still on and they said they cant clear them? Do you think this could have been the problem that caused the lights to come on in the first place and also does anyone know how much land rover ususally charges to clear these lights?

On another note the exhaust is really rattling and i know a previous code said it was one of the O2 sensors, would this cause the exhaust to rattle? I am trying to get the insurance to look into this as I am wondering if it was knocked loose during the wreck but at the same time I am also thinking it is the O2 sensor? I also heard the rattling could be a bad cat. converter?????

Thanks

David

Old 04-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Mudding
Default RE: could this be the problem??

The exhaust rattling is most probably a bad cat...or a bad muffler. I really doubt it is the o2 sensors.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

How many miles on your truck?
No, 02's won't cause the cats to rattle.
Your body shop doesn't have the scanner to clear the 3 Amigo's.
Rover will charge around $100 plus to clear the codes, some dealer won't clear the codes at all so you might want to have the body shop call around to some of the smaller shops looking for a lap top type scanner that can clear them, like an Auto Logic.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Overlanding

it has 80k miles on it... i am having my buddy use his snap on reader to see what code it is throwing for the check engine light... also it does run rough at first then when you get it up and going you really dont notice it thats why i thought it would have been an O2 sensor...

Old 04-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

That Snap On scanner won't be able to read the ABS codes, find a shop with a big scanner that can.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Overlanding

all he is using the snap on scanner for is the check engine light. that is what I was asking about though, if it would be an O2 sensor or you think it just needs plugs, plug wires or even the cat. converters replaced? he is going to scan it thursday or friday and let me know but thought i would ask you guys first to get a head start...