Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple Questions - Lighting Setup/Switches/Path

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Couple Questions - Lighting Setup/Switches/Path

I have seen so many contradictory posts I had to post this for answers...

So I got 4 Hella 700FF and one Dual bulb Hella Work lamp and I am trying to get my strategy together for the install. I have found diagrams for the wiring and seen people use/post about several LR switches and so I am confused which ones I should use and/or the differences. I am just not sure if I want to find a place to mount the Hella switches or get some LR ones and have a nice stock look inside.

My questions:

1. Where can I get the Aux2 switches for the 03-04 D2? I would need one for the right and one for the left panel.

Also, is there a way to have the rear setup to use as a reverse light and be able to turn it on manually when needed for loading and what not?

2. Are they really $72 each?
3. Isn't there a RRC or another switch that works the same for much cheaper?
4. Do you have part numbers?
5. Is the 99-02 D2 switch the same just a different color?

6. Where do you enter the truck with the wiring from the top?
7. Do you bring the rear light wiring to the same spot as the front ones for only one entrance point to the truck?

The biggest help would be a "how-to" or a detailed writeup on this as there is many people with the same or close setup as me, not just a wiring schematic that doesn't show the actual routing of the wires.

Thanks for your help guys and FYI your answers will probably raise more questions so bare with me...

Old 01-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Send me your tele number and I'll tell you how I did mine and where to buy switches.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

Any chance you could do a writeup on this? I have lights on my brushguard that have never been wired up and would also like to add a work light at the rear and would love to have the benefit of your knowledge.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidG
Mike,

Any chance you could do a writeup on this? I have lights on my brushguard that have never been wired up and would also like to add a work light at the rear and would love to have the benefit of your knowledge.
Get the dual bulb work lamp so you can wire one directly to the reverse lights and one to a switch in the truck to be used whenever you want. I got the light kit for $40 on FleaBay.

P.S. - Mike doesn't have lights on his roof (front) but he does have a work lamp, he helped me with the switches and wiring.