Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed My discovery ll

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lucky man... that Disco is really fooked up.
My father always said it's cheaper to hit the animal than to swerve out for it... except an elephant.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Take it from a professional driver with well over 1million miles under his butt...NEVER SWERVE TO MISS A ANIMAL!!!!! IT CAN KILL YOU!!! ITS JUST A G0DDAMN WALKING PIECE OF MEAT!!! KILL AND GRILL IT!!!

Glad you are ok.
There was a guy on here a few years ago who rolled his DII down a hill while off roading, his truck barrel rolled 15 times and there was less damage than that.
I guess its all how you land.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Except a horse (or moose depending on where you are). Seriously, you don't want to hit one of those. Glad your okay man, I'm guessing a 2 star rating isn't so good? That's scary, did it roll over onto flat ground or was there a berm or something that caused the roof to push in like that?

Old 01-22-2011, 09:46 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like it hit something with the windshield are, that is a nasty crash.
...When it comes to swerving I think different, I drive a semi and if I have to I swerve for a squirrel, the idea is to try to avoid but not to put myself in jeopardy..I had a close encounter with a deer, it jumped in front I swerved and the maniac ended under the trailer.
I easily saved 2-3000$ by that..
In a car is bit more tricky, first it's the time delay, it's harder to see things in a car so you have less time to react, car's have a more precise steering, they are lighter so if you over react you will end in a crash..
Now the police advises to hit based on statistics, but if you know your car, your tires are good and you have good confidence in your skills try to avoid it and I am sure that there are a lot of driver that do that but we never hear about it because nothing happens

Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Take it from a professional driver with well over 1million miles under his butt...NEVER SWERVE TO MISS A ANIMAL!!!!! IT CAN KILL YOU!!! ITS JUST A G0DDAMN WALKING PIECE OF MEAT!!! KILL AND GRILL IT!!!
Exactly! Same thing I was taught on day 1 of driving a truck.... just hold on to the steering wheel. A front end can be replaced.
Glad you are OK though...

Eric

Old 01-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned

I hit a cow at 50mph once square on the nose... I just kept the truck straight and floored it. But then I was driving an army diesel tanker with a huge bush bar, hardly felt a bump.