Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Issue

The cruise control in my 2000 is not functioning at the moment. I've noticed that when I turn it on and try to set it, I hear a clicking under the dash on the passenger side. Any ideas?

Old 12-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Cruise Control Issue

Does the main cruise control bump light come on when you turn it on?
While you are checking for your brake switch also look at the second switch that is near the brake switch, you will see a hose attachec to it, check it for craks/leaks.
Mike

Old 12-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Mudding

The light on the cruise control switch on the dash? That one comes on. Since I'll be laying on the floor anyway, I'll take a look at the hose . . .

Old 12-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Mudding

Benhamtroll,

when my cruise stopped working I had the same issue. my mechanic (my brother) found a leak in a vacuum hose somewhere under the hood. he clipped of the cracked piece and all was well again. My problem was the same. Iheard the clicking and thought it was the system not sensing vacuum and disengaging. The clicking may be a relay or other electronic problem as well; butDM seems to know details so he's probably right. Good luck.

juan

Old 12-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Mudding

Here's the weird thing: I fixed the brake light issue, and the cruise control works now. I wondering if the same switch that triggers the brake lights also handles turning off the cruise control. When I pulled out the switch and was testing it, I found that it made the same clicking noise under the dash. I drove to the Oregon coast this weekend, and the cruise control worked fine.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:35 AM
Mudding

Benhamtroll,

Interesting. I spoke to my mechanic and he did say that the cruise is linked to the brake system and your cruise module was probably getting the signal that your brake was depressed. Good info to know if I run into the same thing. Glad your CC is working. I know what its like to lose it.

John

Old 04-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Drifting

My CC stopped working last night and I am quite sure it is the hose as was mentioned above. Can some take a picture or tell me how to find this hose? If this is a DIY job, I would much rather save some money and not bring it to LR.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

There will be one hose attached to a switch located on the brake pedal arm and the rest of the hoses are located on the cruise control vaccum pump, usually located on the pass front inner well area behind the battery box.
Mike

Old 04-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Drifting

Thanks, DM. I will take a look tomorrow. Do you buy chance have any pics of what the areas look like?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Three Wheeling

OK, I must be an idiot (nothin new). I pulled off the cover to gain access where the pedals are. I see no vaccum line or any switches. All I see is a rubber boot (where does this need to be?) and a wiring harness on the brake pedal. Can someone point me in the right direction?

All other vaccum lines are good, jusr can't see switches (maybe being 6'5" doesn't help in this instance).

Thanks

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Issue