Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cyclinder 8 Misfire and Rough Idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 08:09 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyclinder 8 Misfire and Rough Idle

hey guys,

Recently bought an 04 Discovery with 120k Miles. The dealer claimed to have “restored” it by replacing all hoses and plugs, new head gasket, and refurbishing the interior. The interior is actually really nice, except I recently noticed I have two leaks, each at the top corner of the headliner and windshield. Not sure if there’s a rain gutter I could buy to stop the leak without taking off the headliner?

Anyway, as soon as I got it, the service engine soon and three amigos lights will spiratically appear and then it actually died in my driveway. Ended up having to replace the starter with one from AB. The Service Engine Soon and three amigos still come on, Service Engine more consistent. I had it read once it and the code came up as engine tune up (didn’t get the actual code) then I had it read 3weeks later and it came up as P0308, which from what I’ve been reading is cyclinder 8 misfire.

My A/c also went out after adding Freon only 3 weeks ago so I added more yesterday and now with the service engine light still on, there has become a rough idle with a vibration. Sounds like it could be the plugs? I’m no mechanic but would like to diagnose it before taking it to the shop. I already ordered the abs shuttle valve so would want to get all this done in one mechanic visit if possible.

Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated!