Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2 wipers suck...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mdf27
i tried to find the d1 arms from roverguy.com but the site does not have a phone number and ab only seems to list the front arms for $29.95 ea. And do not list a rear d1 arm.

Anyone know a good place that has them new?

Mark
877-580-1950

Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wax your windshield

Old 02-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

FWIW: Bosch Icons @ O'Reilly Auto Parts are currently buy one, get one free.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Forrest
Hey,
Because I live so far from the Dealer I too have put the Disco I arms on my Forrest, now it is just so easy to replace the blades. Note: It did take a lot of looking to find a used set and still cost about $30 shipped but I did get the caps that cover the nuts.
Good luck,

I just so you all know, you don't really need the D1 nut caps (sold seperately from the wiper arms) if you put D1 arms on your D2. I found that the D2 nut cap works just fine with the D1 wiper arms.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks jkid, i just ordered my d1 wiper arms today, sick of the d2 arms, tried a few things, but they still aret great. i tried the trico break-to-fit refills for a while and it worked ok, for only 7 bucks.

i tried experimenting with the rain-x frameless blades fitting on the d2 arms, i saw a thread on here about it. they DO fit on the arm, but the clip they supply with the "pin" doesnt fit with these arms. and theres missed spots on the windshield where the blade doesnt make contact, as if there isnt enough pressure onto the windshield.

also, where the "stop" is on the arm at the pivot point/hinge, tried grinding it down so the arm has more pressure on the window, but that didnt work either.

for actual Land Rover OEM D1 arms, they were $24 a piece, not horrible, if they work as well as i hear, it will be money well spent

Old 02-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used the new blades after conversion and wow what a difference!

My rear is still an oem replacement and works fine, but now my wife loves the wipers. She hated the old ones.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

One problem with the Icon blades on used D1 arms: less than perfect spring tension on the arms. The arms worked fine with the Bosch Excel blades, but the curved Icon blades don't touch the glass a bit in the center of the (now) passenger blade at the bottom of the windscreen. It's barely noticeable from the driver's position, but I might try to put an extra twist in the springs tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My D1 wiper arms just came today, and I'm trying to remove my old D2 arms. No luck - can't get the wiper lug cap off. Shouldn't it come off with a bit of finger-strength pulling? I tried putting a flat-head screwdriver under the cap, and that didn't get it either... Any thoughts?

Old 03-03-2011, 10:16 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by bobmaucher
My D1 wiper arms just came today, and I'm trying to remove my old D2 arms. No luck - can't get the wiper lug cap off. Shouldn't it come off with a bit of finger-strength pulling? I tried putting a flat-head screwdriver under the cap, and that didn't get it either... Any thoughts?
Just pry/pop it off, do some stretching and maybe some light calisthenics to get warmed up and then try again with a smaller flathead screwdriver Don't worry about messing up the caps, you don't need them anymore (assuming you got the caps for the DI arms)

Old 03-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pried my caps off with a flat screw driver and popped right off.

Quick Reply: D2 wipers suck...